Today, you’re spoilt for choice regarding which streaming service to use. One of the best picks on the market is Sling TV, an on-demand streaming service that allows you to stream content without needing a TV provider requirement. It also boasts a large collection of lives channels, such as CBS, AMC, CNN, FOX, and Food Network, to name a few, as well as movies.
With a wide array of content, it’s understandable why you’d want to install Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV. But before installing this app, you need to understand the steps to follow.
1. Switch on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to your home Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the “Home” or “Smart Hub” button on your Samsung TV Remote.
3. Install the Sling TV app on your Samsung Smart TV and tap “Open”.
4. Launch the Sling app, and enter your account credentials.
5. Enter the activation code on your Samsung Smart TV if prompted and click “Continue”.
6. Sign in using your Sling TV subscription, and you can start streaming using the service on your Samsung Smart TV.
With the Sling TV installed on your Samsung Smart TV, you can conveniently watch your favorite shows and channels. You can also enjoy 4K HD screaming quality and the ability to record the content as you get 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. Continue reading to learn more about installing Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV.
In addition, this guide will take you through some of the frequently asked questions relating to Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV. Let’s get started.
Steps To Install Sling TV on Your Samsung Smart TV
The Sling TV app is compatible with various Samsung Smart TVs, meaning you can find this app pre-installed and can be found in the “My Apps” section. If your Samsung TV doesn’t have this app, confirm whether it was launched from 2016 to 2019, as these models also access the Sling TV service.
With that said, below are the steps to follow to install the Sling TV app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi network to create a stable internet connection.
- Click on the “Home” or “Smart Hub” on the TV remote of your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to the “App” section from the menu bar and tap on it.
- Tap on the “Search” icon.
- Key in “Sling TV” with the on-screen keyboard and click the search button.
- Tap on the Sling TV app from your Samsung Smart TV list results.
- Click the “Install” option to download the Sling TV app on your smart TV. Once the installation is complete, click on “Open”.
- Open the Sling TV app and enter your account credentials to access your Sling account.
- Type down the activation code to activate the Sling TV app if it appears on your Samsung TV screen.
- Go to the Sling TV website using your iOS/Android smartphone or PC. Afterward, type the activation code in the appropriate box and tap “Continue”.
- Sign in to your Sling account, and you can start watching your favorite content on your Samsung Smart TV.
The question of how you can install Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV is the question that most people ask. If you fall in this class of persons, you’ll be glad to know that installing this streaming app on your Samsung Smart TV is fairly straightforward. All you need to ensure is your TV and smartphone are using the same Wi-Fi network.
After reading this comprehensive guide, you can now proceed to install the Sling TV on your Samsung Smart TV without breaking a sweat. The best part if you get the option of paid and free subscription plans. Therefore, you can start enjoying the more than 85,000 on-demand movies and more than 200 channels offered by the Sling TV app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can and don’t need to download the Sling TV app to enjoy watching your favorite content on this streaming platform. An alternative approach is to use the SmartThings app available on iOS and Android Play Store for screen mirroring. Here are the simple steps to follow when doing this.
1. Confirm that your Samsung Smart TV and smartphone use the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Download the SmartThings app on your iPhone or Android device.
3. Launch the SmartThings app and click on “Add devices”.
4. Select your Samsung Smart TV to connect it to your TV.
5. Open the Sling TV app and log in to access your account.
6. Choose the TV channel you want and stream it live on your Samsung Smart TV.