An Apple Watch can do much more than merely tell the time. One fantastic feature of this watch is conversing with others via the Walkie-Talkie app. However, many users are unaware of connecting and operating the Walkie-Talkie app on their Apple Watches.
To use the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch, download it from the App Store, then follow these steps.
1. Tap “Walkie-Talkie” to open it on the watch.
2. Select the plus (+) icon at the bottom and choose a contact to connect.
3. Wait until the connection accepts your invitation.
4. Tap the “TALK” button, speak, and let go of the button afterward.
We have compiled a detailed guide for you on how Walkie-Talkie works on Apple Watch. In this step-by-step write-up, we will also discuss multiple methods to fix the Walkie-Talkie app not working on your Apple Watch.
- How Does the Walkie-Talkie App Work on Apple Watch?
- Fixing “Walkie-Talkie Not Working” on Apple Watch
How Does the Walkie-Talkie App Work on Apple Watch?
Using the steps below, you can use the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Watch to converse with your contacts.
- Download the Walkie-Talkie app from the App Store and tap it open on your Apple Watch.
- Tap the yellow plus (+) icon at the bottom and select the person you want to connect with from the contacts list.
- Wait until your chosen contact accepts your invitation.
- Once the name of the contact turns yellow, tap it.
- Tap the yellow “TALK” button.
- Speak and let go of the “TALK” button. Now your message will be delivered to your contact.
Fixing “Walkie-Talkie Not Working” on Apple Watch
If you are wondering how to fix the Walkie-Talkie app not working on your Apple Watch, our 5 step-by-step methods will help you solve this problem without much difficulty.
Method #1: Checking the System Servers
The primary reason for the Walkie-Talkie not working on your Apple Watch is an issue with the FaceTime and Walkie-Talkie server. Follow these steps to check if the servers are up and running smoothly.
- Launch a browser and go to the Apple Supports System Status page.
- Find the FaceTime and Walkie-Talkie options and check their status.
- If the sign for these services is green, they are running fine. If a red sign shows next to both of these applications, wait until Apple Tech Support fixes the problem.
Method #2: Enabling FaceTime on iPhone
Sometimes, enabling FaceTime on your iPhone can also fix the malfunctioning Walkie-Talkie app.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “FaceTime”.
- Toggle the FaceTime option to enable it.
- If you are not signed in to your FaceTime app, tap the “Use your Apple ID for FaceTime” option for logging in.
Ensure that your phone number and email linked with Apple ID have a blue tick next to them.
Method #3: Reinstalling FaceTime on iPhone
You can also try reinstalling FaceTime to fix the Walkie-Talkie app in the following way.
- Press and hold the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
- Select “Remove App” from the pop-up menu.
- Tap “Delete App” and select “Delete” to uninstall the app.
- Go to the App Store and search for FaceTime.
- Install the FaceTime app and use your Apple ID to sign in.
Method #4: Reinstalling the Walkie-Talkie App
If reinstalling FaceTime did not solve the issue, try reinstalling the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch with these steps.
- Unlock the Apple Watch and tap the digital crown to reach the home screen.
- On the grid view, tap and hold the screen, select “Edit Apps”, and find the Walkie-Talkie app.
- Tap the cross (x) icon to remove the app and select “Delete” to confirm.
- On the list view, go to Walkie-Talkie and swipe left on the app.
- Tap “Trash”> “Delete” to confirm.
The Walkie-Talkie app is now successfully removed from your Apple Watch. To reinstall it, do these steps.
- Launch App Store on your watch.
- Search for Walkie-Talkie.
- Tap “Get” to reinstall the app.
Method #5: Resetting Apple Watch Network Settings
Resetting the Apple Watch’s Network Settings can also fix the Walkie-Talkie app.
- Launch the Watch app on your Apple Watch.
- Navigate to Settings > “General” > “Reset”.
- Tap “Reset Sync Data”.
- Open and set up the Walkie-Talkie app on your Apple Watch and see if it’s working.
In this guide on how Walkie-Talkie works on Apple Watch, we have discussed how the app operates on your Apple Watch. We have also explored multiple methods if the Walkie-Talkie app is not working on your Apple Watch.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and you can easily enjoy long conversations with your contacts without any issues.