Conference calls are a big lifesaver. Instead of calling people individually to tell them the same thing, you can gather all of them in a single call to save time. Like most other smartphones, iPhones also let you make a conference call, but many users don’t know how many callers they can add on iPhones.
You can add up to 5 callers on iPhone. However, this will depend on whether your cellular carrier allows conference calls, as some of them don’t let you add more than one person on a call.
If you’re interested in knowing this, continue reading our guide, as we will explain everything in detail.
How To Make a Conference Call on iPhone
Many people think making conference calls using an iPhone is complicated. We don’t blame you, considering things can get a little complicated while using devices manufactured by Apple. However, the process of doing a conference call is pretty simple, and you can do it in only a few steps.
- Open your iPhone and dial a number.
- After the person has picked up the call, tap on the “Add Call” button. A big “+” sign denotes this button.
- Select the second contact you want to add.
- After the second contact has picked up the call, tap on “Merge Calls” to connect all callers.
- You can add two more people to call by following steps 2, 3, and 4.
An important thing to keep in mind is that not every cellular carrier allows conference calls. The feature isn’t offered directly by Apple, so you must rely on your network.
If you don’t see the option to add a call, your cellular network has restrictions, and you can not make conference calls using it. In such cases, you will need to either forget about making conference calls or ditch your current network to switch to the one that provides this luxury.
How To Add Someone to an Existing Conference Call
Sometimes, one of the people you’re trying to call won’t pick up when you ring, and they will try to connect to the conference call later. Don’t worry; you can still add them to the conference call easily.
If you get an incoming call while in a conference call, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on “Hold and Accept” and wait for the call to connect.
- After connecting your call, tap on the “Merge Calls” option.
- Once done, all the calls will be merged, and the person will be added to the conference call.
If you don’t see the option for “Merge Calls”, then it means that you already have the maximum number of people in a conference call. In such cases, the person will have to wait until someone leaves the conference call.
How To Remove Someone From a Conference Call
During a conference call, there might come a time when you need to remove someone. This can be either because you need to clear some space for another person interested in joining the call, or you just don’t want that person to be a part of it anymore. Nevertheless, removing a caller from the conference call is as simple as adding one.
- During the conference call, tap on the info icon that can be found right next to the names of the callers.
- You will see a list of all the people. Tap the red “End” button to remove a caller from the conference call.
This was everything you needed to know about how many callers you can add to your iPhone. As you can see, adding and removing people from a conference call is pretty simple, and you don’t have to worry about following many steps. Make sure your network carrier allows conference calls, as you can not add a single person to the call if there are restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, only specific network operators allow conference calls on iPhones. If you can’t see an option to add someone to a call, your network operator does not support it.
Yes, you can remove someone from a conference call by tapping the info button and selecting “End”.
No, the maximum number of people in a conference call on an iPhone is 5, including you. In the future, network operators might increase this number.