Cash App is one of the easiest and quickest mediums for sending and receiving cash to and from your contacts. But did you know you can make and create and use more than one Cash App account at a time?
You can have only one Cash App account with your registered email, phone number, and bank details. However, creating multiple Cash App accounts (Personal and Business) with different phone numbers, email addresses, and bank accounts is possible.
We have put together a detailed guide for you on how many Cash App accounts you can have. We will also discuss adding a second account to the application, merging and unmerging both of them, getting two cards on the Cash App, and switching from a business to a personal account.
How Many Cash App Accounts Can You Have?
According to the Cash App’s policy, you can create only one account using a single number, email, or bank account.
When you try to make a second account with the same information, you will see an error message “This Number Is Already Registered” on the screen.
However, you can still add a second or third account to your Cash App if you use a different phone number, email address, and bank account.
Adding a Second Account to Cash App
If you want to add a second Cash App account, follow these steps.
- Open Cash App.
- Select the profile icon.
- Tap “Sign out” at the bottom.
- Once you log out of the first account, exit the app and launch it on your device after a while.
- Tap the “Sign up” option and follow all the on-screen instructions to create a second account.
While making the second Cash App account, use a different phone number, email address, and bank account.
Merging 2 Cash App Accounts
It is possible to merge your multiple accounts on your Cash App in the following way.
- Launch the Cash App on your phone and tap the profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap “Personal” and select the “Add Phone or email” option.
- On the next screen, add the account number or email address of your second Cash App account.
- Once done, both your Cash App accounts will be merged into one.
Unmerging 2 Cash App Accounts
If you no longer want your Cash App accounts merged, you can easily unmerge them using these steps.
- Open the Cash App on your phone.
- Tap the profile icon and select “Personal” from the bottom.
- Scroll down on the page, select your phone number, and delete it.
- You will now get the option to delete all other information from the app (i.e., email address and bank account).
- Delete all the information to successfully unmerge both accounts on your Cash App.
Getting a Second Card on Cash App
Here are the steps you need to follow to order a second card on your Cash App.
- Launch the Cash App on your phone and tap the card-shaped icon at the bottom.
- Tap the “Order a new card” option, choose the card’s design, and enter your address.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for 5 to 7 working days to get your card.
Changing the Debit Card Details on Cash App
If you’ve recently made another Cash App account and want to switch your debit card to it, you can do this in the following way.
- Open the Cash App on your phone.
- Tap the “Banking Tab” or “My Cash” option from the far-left corner.
- Scroll down to reach your bank account part.
- The next screen will show you all your linked bank account details.
- Tap the “menu” or three-dot icon.
- Tap “Replace Debit Card” from the pop-up menu to change your debit card details.
Type in your other debit card details, such as card number, CVV, expiry date, etc., to change it with the existing one.
Changing Your Business Cash App Account to Personal Account
If you want to convert one of your two Cash App business accounts to a Personal account, follow the below steps to perform this task.
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile and tap the profile icon at the top.
- Tap “Support”.
- You will now be able to connect to a Support executive and get help to switch to a personal account.
In this guide on how many Cash App accounts you can have, we have looked into creating a second account on the Cash App, merging and unmerging both of them, getting a second card, and changing the debit card on the application. We have also looked into switching from a business to a personal Cash App account.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now use more than one Cash App account to diversify your transactional portfolio.