Are you an iOS user wondering how to add your Cash App card to Apple Pay and conveniently manage your finances? Fortunately, there are multiple workarounds to help you perform this task.
To add a Cash App card to Apple Pay, launch the app on your iPhone. Tap the “Cash Card” tab and select your card’s image. Tap “Add to Apple Pay”. Follow the instructions and tap “Done” on the last screen to complete the process.
We have compiled a detailed guide for you on adding a Cash App card to Apple Pay using simple step-by-step methods. We will also discuss a Cash App card not linking to Apple Pay and how to know if your card is valid to be used on Apple Pay.
Adding a Cash App Card to Apple Pay
If you don’t know how to add a Cash App card to Apple Pay, our 2 step-by-step methods will help you perform the task without much hassle.
Method #1: Using the Cash Card Settings
The simplest method to add your Cash App card to Apple Pay is to use the “Cash Card” tab on the app with these steps.
- Go to Cash App on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Cash Card” tab from the Home screen and choose the image of your card.
- Tap “Add to Apple Pay”. Follow the on-screen instructions, and you will find a confirmation message saying, “Your Credit Card was added to Apple Play”.
- Tap “Done” to complete the process.
Method #2: Using Apple Wallet
Here are the steps you need to follow to add your Cash App card to Apple Pay through the Apple Wallet.
- Open the Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
- Tap the “+” icon at the top.
- Tap “Credit or Debit Card” and take a picture of your Cash Card. You can also manually add the number of your Cash Card to the Apple Wallet if you don’t have the card with you.
- Finish the setup by following the on-screen directions.
- Go back to the Home screen of your Apple Wallet, and you will find the Cash Card there.
Cash App Card Not Adding to Apple Pay
If you cannot add your Cash App card to Apple Pay, our 2 step-by-step methods will help you resolve this issue without much trouble.
Method #1: Using the Apple ID
If you can’t add a Cash App card to Apple Pay, log out of your Apple account to refresh the paying app and log in again with these steps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap “Apple ID”.
- Tap “Sign out” at the bottom to log out of your Apple account.
- Wait for a few minutes and tap Settings again.
- Tap “Apple ID” at the top and enter your account credentials to log in again.
You can now successfully add your Cash App card to Apple Pay.
Method #2: Changing the Shipping Address
You can also change the shipping address on your Apple Pay to add a Cash App card with the following steps.
- Tap Settings.
- Select your name or Apple ID.
- Tap “Payment and Shipping”.
- Tap “Shipping Address”.
- Tap “Add Shipping Address” if you’ve not added it yet.
- If you’ve already added an address, tap it and select “Delete Shipping Address”.
- Put in a new shipping address, the same as that on your Cash App.
To link your Cash App card to Apple Pay, the shipping address on both apps should be identical.
Checking if Your Cash App Card Is Valid for Apple Pay
Before adding a Cash App card to Apple Pay, it’s essential to check if it’s valid on Apple Pay using these steps.
- Launch Cash App.
- Tap the profile icon at the top and select “Personal” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in all the information needed, including your date of birth, billing address, etc.
- Wait for over 24 hours for the verification message.
Once you receive the verification message, activate your Cash App card with these steps.
- Launch Cash App on your device and go to the “Cash Card” tab.
- Tap your Cash Card’s image from the screen.
- Tap “Activate Cash Card” and tap “OK” when asked for permission to use the camera.
- Scan the QR code with your Cash Card to complete the activation process.
You can also use the CVV number on the back of your card if you don’t have the QR code.
Once the card is activated and verified, you can add it to your Apple Pay account and use it for various transactions.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to add a Cash App card to Apple Pay and what to do if you fail to do so. We have also looked into a method to confirm if your Cash App card is applicable to get linked with Apple Pay.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now make your payments more secure by linking a Cash App card with Apple Pay.