Hisense is one of the top Smart TV brands offering various features and supporting numerous streaming apps. However, many new users don’t know about adding apps to their Hisense Smart TVs.
If you want to add apps to your Hisense Smart TV, press the home button on the remote and go to the Apps Store. Search for an app and press “OK” to download it. Alternatively, press the home button on the remote and go to Google Play Store > Apps. Search the app, select it and choose “Install.” Press “OK,” read system permission info, and press “OK” to add the app to your TV.
This article will discuss how to add apps to Hisense Smart TV so you can enjoy watching your favorite shows without any issues.
- Adding Apps to Hisense Smart TV
- How To Add Apps on Hisense Roku TV?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Adding Apps to Hisense Smart TV
If you are wondering how to add apps to your Hisense Smart TV, the below three step-by-step methods will help you get this done in no time.
Method #1: Using the TV Apps Store
Hisense Smart TV comes with a built-in Apps Store, which you can use to install or add apps in the following way.
- Ensure your TV is connected to the internet.
- Press the home button on the Hisense Smart TV remote.
- Select the “Apps Store” option.
- Browse for the app you want to download.
- Select the app and press “OK” on the remote to install it on your TV.
Method #2: Using Google Play Store
You can add apps to your Hisense Smart TV from the Google Play Store in the following way:
- Press the home button on the remote and select “Google Play Store.”
- Head to the “Apps” section, and find the app you want to install.
- Select the “Install” option using the remote.
- Press “OK” on the remote.
- Review the system permission information and press “OK” to add the app.
You can use the Google Play Store or a Side Loader app to add apps to the Hisense Android TV. For side loading, download an APK file of the app on your PC, transfer it to a USB and connect the drive to your TV.
Launch “Google Play Store” on your Hisense Smart TV. Install and launch a Side Loader app. Select the APK file using the app and install it on your TV.
Method #3: Using the VEWD App System
VEWD is a cloud-based app system that allows you to use apps online on Hisense TV in the following way.
- Press the “Apps” button on the remote, select “VEWD Apps Store,” and press “OK.”
- Head to the “Filter” option: sort the apps list and find your desired app.
- Select the app and press “OK.”
Although you can start using the app on your Hisense Smart TV, it will disappear from the menu once you close it.
Method #4: Using Screen Mirroring
Hisense Smart TVs have built-in Chromecast, Anyview Cast, and Remote Now features to allow screen mirroring. This allows you to stream the content from different apps installed on your phones. In this method, we’ll use the Anyview Cast feature.
Step #1: Enabling Anyview on Hisense Smart TV
Ensure that your Hisense TV and the phone are connected to the same internet connection. Press the “Input” button on the remote and select “Anyview.” Your TV will now wait for a device to connect.
Step #2: Setting Up an Android Device for Screen Mirroring
Go to “Settings” on your Android phone and tap “Connection & Sharing.” Select “Wireless Display” and toggle the button next to this option. Wait for your phone to detect the TV.
Step #3: Connecting Android Device to the TV
Tap your TV name from the detected devices on the phone and tap “Start Now.” You can now watch any content from the installed streaming app on your phone to your TV.
How To Add Apps on Hisense Roku TV?
If you want to add apps to your Hisense Roku TV, follow the below steps.
- Head to the home screen by pressing the home button on the remote.
- Scroll down and select “Streaming Channels.”
- Find your desired app using the search bar and select it.
- Select “Add Channel” and press “OK.”
- A message stating that the app is added to your Roku TV will appear.
- Press “OK.”
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to add apps to Hisense TV with multiple methods. If you have a Hisense Roku TV, we’ve also discussed installing apps on it as well.
We hope the information provided in this article helped you easily add apps to your Hisense Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many reasons why some apps are not working on your Hisense Smart TV. Your TV firmware is outdated, or you are using an older app version. The cache data might have become corrupted with junk files.