Are you tired of filling in the same information on your iPhone repeatedly? Adding the AutoFill feature on your iPhone saves time and effort and fills your entire data with a single tap.
To add or enable AutoFill while browsing the internet on your iPhone, go to the Settings app and navigate to “Safari”> “AutoFill”. Tap the toggle to turn on “Use Contact Info”, tap “My Info”, and select your contact details.
We have compiled a detailed guide for you on how to add AutoFill on iPhone using simple step-by-step methods. We will discuss viewing the passwords stored in your iCloud Keychain.
Adding AutoFill on iPhone
If you’re wondering how to add AutoFill to your iPhone, our 4 step-by-step methods will help you accomplish this task without difficulty.
Method #1: AutoFilling Contact Info
If you want to add AutoFill for your contact info, you can do this by following these steps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to find “Safari” and tap it open.
- Tap “AutoFill” and tap the toggle to turn on “Use Contact Info”.
- Go to “My Info” and choose your contact info.
The AutoFill for your contact info is now enabled on your iPhone.
You can change the AutoFill to a different contact by tapping “My Info” and selecting a new contact.
Method #2: AutoFilling Personal Info
Your personal info, such as name, contact number, email address, etc., can be automatically filled in from the “My Card” option in the Contacts app. You can easily update it by following these steps.
- Go to the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Tap “My Card” from the top of the screen and tap “Edit”.
- Update your name, phone number, email address, birthday, and other information.
- Tap “Done” in the top-right corner.
The personal info on your iPhone is successfully updated now, and you can automatically fill these for various tasks with a single tap.
Method #3: AutoFilling Credit and Debit Cards
It is possible to AutoFill your credit and debit card on your iPhone whenever needed with these steps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Find and tap “Safari” to open the Safari Settings.
- Tap “AutoFill” and tap the toggle to turn on “Credit Cards”.
- Select “Saved Credit Cards”; input your passcode or use Touch ID for verification if asked.
- Tap “Add Credit Card”.
Your credit and debit cards are now added to your iPhone’s AutoFill and can be accessed from there.
You can also use a camera and take a picture of your card to add it to the AutoFill.
Method #4: AutoFilling Passwords and IDs
To enable AutoFill for passwords and IDs on your iPhone, you first need to enable the iCloud Keychain following these steps.
- Go to the Settings app and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap “iCloud”, scroll down, and tap “Keychain”.
- Tap the toggle next to “iCloud Keychain” to turn it on.
- Put in your Apple ID and password if prompted.
Once the iCloud Keychain is activated on your device, follow these steps to enable AutoFill for IDs and passwords.
- Launch the Settings app and tap “Passwords & Accounts”.
- Tap the “AutoFill Passwords” option.
- Tap the toggle next to “AutoFill Passwords” to enable it.
The AutoFill can now access your IDs and passwords, which you can use to insert them automatically while performing various tasks online.
Ensure to check the “iCloud” option under the “ALLOW FILLING FROM” section after enabling “AutoFill Passwords”.
Viewing Passwords Stored in iCloud Keychain
Adding AutoFill to your iPhone can be beneficial when you forget a password and need to log in on a non-Apple device. This is because the passwords get stored in your iCloud Keychain, and you can access/view them later when required.
Here is the complete method to view the passwords stored in the iCloud Keychain on your iPhone.
- Tap Settings.
- Navigate to “Passwords & Accounts”> “Website and App Passwords”.
- Use your Touch ID or Face ID for authentication. A list showing all the services that use passwords will pop up.
- Scroll through the list and find the service you are looking for.
- Tap it, and the passwords will appear on the next screen.
In this guide on how to add AutoFill on iPhone, we have explored multiple methods for auto-filling your personal info, cards, passwords, and IDs on your iPhone.
We hope that using the ways mentioned above, you can successfully add AutoFill for different information on your iPhone and fill it with a single tap when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
To edit or delete the saved cards on your iPhone, open the Settings app. Navigate to “Safari”> “AutoFill”> “Saved Credit Cards”. Select the card that you want to edit or delete. Tap “Edit” and “Delete Credit Card” or update the information. Tap “Done” to save the changes.