We don’t know which is more painful; wearing your best clothes to school to impress your crush on the day she missed school or completing several rigorous exercises before noticing that you left your Apple Watch at home. While we have no solution to the crush issue, we can teach you how to add an exercise to your Apple Watch manually.
You can’t manually add an exercise directly to your Apple Watch. You can, however, add the exercise to your Apple Watch’s activity log using the Health app on your iPhone. To do this, ensure that your iPhone is linked to your Apple Watch. Also, you’ll need to enter the activity type, date and time of workout, and estimated calories burned in the Health app.
In this article, we provided detailed steps to follow to add an exercise to your Apple Watch using the Health app on your iPhone. We also answered some frequently asked questions related to this topic.
How To Add Your Exercise to Apple Watch Using the Health App
Whether you forgot to start a workout on your Apple Watch or left your Apple Watch at home while completing several exercises, there is only one solution. You have to add the activity manually to your iPhone’s Health app.
You can do this by following the steps below.
- Launch the Health app on your iPhone. Ensure the iPhone is linked to your Apple Watch.
- Click the “Browse” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the search box at the top of the screen.
- Type “workout” in the search box and tap “Workouts” from the search results.
- Tap “Add Data” at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Activity Type”. Select the activity you want to add manually from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Calories”. Enter the number of calories you burned during the workout. You may add an estimated amount if you’re not sure. You can also leave this field blank if you don’t know the range.
- Tap “Distance” to enter the distance covered during the exercise.
- Enter the start and stop time and date for your workout.
- Tap “Add” at the top-right corner of your screen to add the workout manually to your Apple Watch’s history.
After clicking the “Add” icon, the Health app takes you to the main workout screen. Under the “Highlights” section, you can see the new workout you added manually. After a few minutes, the Health app updates the information on the Fitness app of your Apple Watch.
As for the activity ring, the workout data registers movement on the green exercise ring, the pink calorie ring, and the blue stand ring.
We don’t know about you, but the few times we realized that we forgot to start the workout session on our Apple Watch or left our Apple Watch at home after doing some challenging workouts, we struggled to enjoy the rest of the day.
However, since we discovered that we could add the exercise manually using our iPhone, it has been a blissful experience. We hope this helps you as much as it helped us.
Frequently Asked Questions
First, you need to open the Workout app on your Apple Watch. Then, scroll through the workout types that appear on the screen. When you see the one you want, tap “Add Workout”. You can also set a goal by tapping the three-dot menu icon on the screen and choosing either calorie, time, distance, or open goal. Tap “Start” to start the workout.
Yes, you can. Open the Workout app on your Apple Watch and start your first workout activity. When you’re ready to switch to the next activity, swipe right, tap the plus (+) button, and select the next workout. Do this each time you want to try a different activity. When you’re done with all activities, swipe right and tap “End”.
Unfortunately, you cannot. If you completed a workout without tracking it with your Apple Watch, your only option is to add the workout manually through your iPhone’s Health app. However, your iPhone must be linked to your Apple Watch.
Open the Health app on your iPhone, and click the “Browse” tab at the bottom of the screen. Type “workout” in the search box at the top-right corner of your screen. Scroll down and select “Show all data”. You will see all your workout data. Locate the one you want to delete and swipe left on it. Tap “Delete”. To confirm, tap “Delete Workout and Data”.