According to Pew Research, the average adult receives and makes at least five calls daily. If you prefer calling to texting or your job requires you to make regular calls, this number might be higher.
If you’re going to receive calls regularly throughout the day, the least you can do is like your ringtone. You can change to a funky and catchy tune if you enjoy bubbly music, or you can also switch to a slow and solemn song if you prefer.
If you’re tired of the ringtones on your iPhone and are wondering how to change them, then this article is for you.
Go to your iPhone’s settings, and scroll to “Sounds”. Next, click on “Ringtone” > “Tone Store”, select the ringtone you like, and tap on the price to pay. You can now set the tone as your ringtone or assign it to calls from specific contacts.
Read this article to the end to learn more about adding ringtones to iPhone.
Overview of Adding Ringtones to iPhone
It’s easy to get tired or irritated by the pre-installed ringtones that your iPhone comes with. The good news is you can change your ringtone to one that you enjoy. When adding a ringtone to your iPhone, remember to save the song you want as your ringtone in your Music Library or the Files app.
It’s also vital to note that you can’t use copyrighted tunes – like those from Apple Music – or songs not stored in your Files or Music Library as ringtones.
The simplest way to add a ringtone to your iPhone is to purchase them from the iTunes Store app. Alternatively, you can create custom-made audio clips as ringtones using a third-party app like GarageBand.
Adding a Ringtone to iPhone: Step-by-Step Guide
Here are the different methods to add ringtones to your iPhone.
Method #1: Add Ringtones From iTunes
If you’re looking for a hassle-free way to add a ringtone to your iPhone, the iTunes method is the way to go. Here’s how to do it.
- Click on the “iTunes” app on your iPhone.
- After the app launches, tap on “More” at the bottom corner of the screen.
- Click on “Tones” at the top of the menu.
- Select a tone you like through one of these options:
- Browse through the highlighted categories.
- Click on the “Genre” tab at the top of your screen to open a page with various genres, including Dialogue, Comedy, and Sound Effects.
- Type a title into the search bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the name of the tone, then click on the ringtone icon to listen.
- Tap on the price displayed right under the tone details.
- A menu will pop up with the following options: “Set as Default Ringtone,” “Set as Default Text Tone“, and “Assign to a Contact“.
- Click on “Set as Default Ringtone” to use it as your tone. If you prefer to download the tone, choose action later and click “Done“.
- A purchase confirmation message will pop up. Click “Purchase” to complete the transaction.
- Go to your iPhone’s “Settings” and navigate to “Sounds & Haptics“.
- Scroll to “Sounds and Vibration Patterns“.
- Tap on “Ringtone“.
- Select the recently added tone to set it as your ringtone.
Method #2: Add Ringtones Using the GarageBand App
If the iTunes method of adding ringtones on your iPhone doesn’t work for you, you can use the app GarageBand instead. But you first need to download and install the app on your iPhone. After, follow these steps to add ringtones to your iPhone.
- Download and save the song you want to use as a ringtone to your Apple Files app or Music Library.
- Launch the GarageBand app.
- Click on “Drums” to import the song on the apps truck section.
- Click on Smart Drums > View > Loop Browser.
- Select the “Files” tab, then locate the song you want to use.
- Drag it to the right corner of the window to add it to the GarageBand app.
- Click on the plus (+) icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select “My Songs“.
- Find your ringtone in your iPhone’s storage. After tapping and holding the thumbnail, click on “Share“, followed by the Ringtone icon.
- Select “Export“.
- Set the exported tone as your standard ringtone by going to Settings > Sounds > Ringtones and selecting the exported tune.
As you’ve learned, adding ringtones to your iPhone is pretty easy. The most straightforward method to add a ringtone to your iPhone is to purchase the tones from iTunes.
If this method doesn’t work for you, you can download and install the GarageBand app on your iPhone. After, use the app to export downloaded songs from your iPhone storage to set them as ringtones.