Sharing videos on social feeds is pretty common these days, and if you’re doing that too, you might want to add text to the videos as many people opt to view them without wanting to hear any sound on their iPhones.
To add text to a video on iPhone, install the Filmr app, tap the “Camera Roll” option, and select a video from the Library. Tap the text icon from the top panel, select a font, and adjust the text’s size and color. Then, type the text, and place it where you want on your video. Tap the share icon to save the video on your phone to share it directly on your social media feed.
We have put together a detailed guide for you on how to add text to video on iPhone using multiple third-party applications like Filmr, Vont, Clips, iMovie, and many others.
Adding Text to Video on iPhone
If you’re wondering how to add text to video on your iPhone, our 6 step-by-step methods will help you accomplish this task without much hassle.
Method #1: Using the Filmr App
With these steps, you can add text and subtitles to your video using the Filmr app on your iPhone.
- Install the Filmr app on your iPhone and tap the “Camera Roll” to upload the video.
- Tap a video from your Library and tap the text icon from the top panel.
- Select a font, adjust the text size and color, type the text, and place it where you want.
- Tap the share icon to save the video to your iPhone or share it directly to your feed.
It is also possible to adjust the duration of your text, especially for captions using the Filmr app.
Method #2: Using the Vont App
Vont is another practical application that allows you to add text to your videos in over 400 different fonts. Here is how you can use the Vont app to add text to your videos on your iPhone.
- Install the Vont app and open it on your iPhone.
- Tap the three lines icon at the bottom-left corner, tap “Load New Video” from the pop-up menu, and select a video from your iPhone Library.
- Once the video appears on the app, tap anywhere on your screen.
- Tap the “Add Text” option and type any text you want on the video. It is also possible to change the font and alignment of the text on the Vont app.
- Tap “Done”, choose a resolution, and tap “Export” to save it to your iPhone.
Method #3: Using the Clips App
Another way to add texts and subtitles to the videos on your iPhone is by using the Clips app. This advanced application can also add text to your videos as you speak.
- Install and open the Clips app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “+” sign to choose a video from your iPhone Library and tap “Open”.
- Tap the message icon to open the “Live Titles” interface, select the style you like, and tap the cross icon.
- Tap and hold the red button to start the recording; while recording, you will see your words inscribed on the video as you speak.
- To stop recording, let go of the red button.
- Tap the message icon again, go to the “Text” tab and edit the text.
- Tap “Done” at the bottom and tap the share icon to save the video to your iPhone or share it with others.
Method #4: Using the iMovie App
iMovie is a user-friendly app you can use to turn your video into a masterpiece. Here is what you need to do to add text to your videos on your iPhone using the iMovie app.
- Install the iMovie app from App Store.
- Launch the app on your iPhone and tap the “+” sign from the “Projects” screen.
- Tap the “Movies” option and choose a video.
- Once the video reaches your app timeline, tap the “T” icon at the bottom.
- Choose any font you like and type the text for your video.
- Tap “Done” to successfully add text to your video.
Method #5: Using the WeVideo App
WeVideo is a third-party app you can use to add text, animations, and stickers to your videos to customize them. This is a free app for iPhone and iPad users, which you can use in the following way.
- Install and launch the WeVideo app on your iPhone.
- Sign in to the app, tap the “+” icon, and select the video to which you want to add text.
- Once on the app, tap the text icon at the bottom and choose the style you like.
- Tap the down arrow to access the text editor, and type and customize your text’s font, style, alignment, and color.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to exit from the text editor.
- When done, tap the share icon from the upper-right corner, select the video quality and wait for the export to complete.
You have now successfully added text to your video and can share it with your friends and family members.
Method #6: Using the Overvideo App
Another free third-party app you can use to add texts to your videos on your iPhone is Overvideo.
- Install and open the Overvideo app on your iPhone.
- From the main screen, tap “pick video”, select a video from your iPhone Gallery, and tap “Choose” at the bottom.
- Tap the “EDIT ME” text box and add any text you want to add to your video.
- To add another text box, double tap on the screen.
- Tap “edit” at the bottom to change the text’s color, style, and alignment.
- Once done, tap the share icon at the bottom and select “Save to Camera Roll” from the pop-up menu. You have successfully saved the edited video to your iPhone.
In this guide, we’ve discussed adding text to video on iPhone using different third-party applications, including Filmr, Vont, Clips, iMovie, WeVideo, and Overvideo.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and now other people can enjoy what you are saying in your videos without hearing them.