Snapchat is as popular as ever, with thousands of new users joining it every day. But, with constant updates, there are a few features that are upgraded. Users may find it difficult to maneuver these new features. One of them is how to allow camera access to Snapchat.
Allowing camera access to your Snapchat is easy. All that you have to do is to enable it on the settings on your Android or iPhone.
There are still other ways to allow camera access on your Snapchat. Let’s keep reading to find out.
How To Allow Camera Access on Snapchat
The primary way to allow camera access on Snapchat is to go through the settings on your phone. In the settings, you can then give Snapchat permission to access your camera.
However, there are times when you change your phone’s settings yet, and Snapchat isn’t still allowed access to the camera. In this case, you either remove your phone’s restriction or uninstall and reinstall it.
Below are the procedures on how to go about these steps:
Method #1: For Android Users
Android users can follow the below steps to unlock camera access.
- Go to the “Settings” App and click on “Apps” or “Apps & Notifications.”
- Move down in the list and click on “Snapchat.”
- Click on “Permissions.”
- Open the “Camera Option.” This allows the app to access the camera.
- Finally, pick the “Permission” for the camera.
Some Android phones ask for two camera permission options: Ask every time or Allow only while using the app.
Method #2: For iOS Users
iOS users can access the camera for Snapchat with the following steps:
- Click on the “Settings App” and browse down through the options.
- Click on the app “Snapchat.”
- Click on the “Camera” toggle to turn it green. When the camera is on, the option turns green.
- Click and open the “Snapchat” icon to get the camera access.
Method #3: For Snapchat App Users
You can even change the settings in the Snapchat App to allow camera permissions:
- Open “Snapchat” and click on the profile picture.
- To open the “Settings” menu click on the “gear” icon in the upper-right hand corner.
- Scroll down and click on “Additional Services” and then “Manage.”
- Next, click on the “Permissions” option. This has all the permissions that Snapchat uses.
- Go to the “Camera” option and enable camera access permissions.
Despite trying all the above three methods, if the camera still does not have access to Snapchat, you can try two ways below. These should hopefully fix the issue.
Method #4: Remove the Camera Restrictions or App Limit
Sometimes, if there is an app limit on your Snapchat app, your usage time is set beforehand. You may have problems due to this limit on that day. Here is how you can remove the limit:
- Open “Settings” and click on “Screen” or “General Time.”
- Open “App Limits” and search for “Snapchat” and “Camera.”
- Now, toggle the “App Limit” (turn from green to grey to turn it off).
- Next, delete the “App Limit” option.
It may happen that the app has got corrupted. In such cases, it’s good to uninstall and reinstall the app. You can then change your camera settings using the above methods.
Method #5: Remove and Reinstall the Snapchat App
- Save your Snapchat credentials in a secure place.
- Now, uninstall the app and remove all components.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for the Snapchat app.
- Click on “Install,” Once done, re-login into your account.
- You will get a dialogue box after logging in again.
- Snapchat will ask you for camera access.
- Please allow camera access from that dialogue box.
After a fresh install, all the previous errors are re-set, and you can use the camera on your Snapchat app again.
Snapchat lets you access your camera for those perfect snaps. But due to some technical issues or upgrades, we cannot access the camera sometimes. We hope the above methods helped your access your camera on both Android and iOS devices. If it is a deeper problem, there are two additional methods you can try to fix the issue. The first is removing app restrictions, if any, or deleting and reinstalling Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are two ways to do this. First, enable camera permissions for Snapchat on your phone settings. Using the “Settings” menu within the Snapchat app itself, you can grant camera permissions to the app. In case of any corruption in the app, you can reinstall it anytime.
Go to the “Settings” option on your phone and click on “Privacy”. Here tap on “Permission Manager” and choose permission type. You can see all the apps you allowed or denied permissions for here. Change your app permissions by opening the app and selecting the permission settings.
This error is caused on Snapchat if the camera does not have permission to access Snapchat and vice versa. To fix this, you need to access the Permissions option in the Settings app. Here click on “Privacy” and then “Camera” from the list of given permissions. Search for Snapchat in the list and enable it if it is disabled.