Are you afraid you might lose images, videos, and files you have saved on your Samsung phone if the device gets lost or damaged? You can back up your data on the phone to a PC without much effort.
To back up your Samsung phone to your PC, connect both devices with a USB cable. Open the Samsung folder and open the “DCIM” folder. Drag and drop the image and video files at your desired location on your PC.
We took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide to back up data from a Samsung phone to a PC. We will also explore the process of transferring data via third-party apps.
- Backing Up Data From a Samsung Phone to a PC
- Frequently Asked Questions
Backing Up Data From a Samsung Phone to a PC
If you don’t know how to back up your data from a Samsung phone to your PC, our following 4 step-by-step methods will help you do this task easily.
Method #1: Backing Up Images and Photos
With these steps, you can manually back up images and video files from your Samsung phone to your PC.
- Connect your PC and Samsung phone via USB cable.
- Open “My Computer” on your PC.
- Open the folder of your Samsung phone.
- Find and open the “DCIM” folder for photos and videos or any other folder you want to back up.
Drag and drop or copy and paste the files you wish to back up to your desired location on your PC.
Method #2: Backing Up With Smart Switch
Smart Switch is an excellent software that can help you back up your Samsung phone data to a PC in the following way.
Step #1: Install Smart Switch on Your PC
In the first step, open a browser on your PC, search for the Smart Switch downloadable link and download the software. Next, click the downloaded file and install the software on your PC.
Step #2: Connect Your Samsung Phone and PC
After installation, search the “Smart Switch” software in the Start menu and launch the program on your PC. Now, connect your Samsung phone to your computer via a USB cable.
Before backing up your Samsung phone, you can change your preferences from the Smart Switch software. Launch the software and click “More” on the top-right corner to do this. Click “Preferences” and head to the “Backup Items” tab. Here you can select the items you want to back up on your PC.
Step #3: Back Up Data
In the last step, you will back up data from your Samsung phone to your PC. To do this, click “Backup” on the Smart Switch software. The app starts loading your backup lists. Lastly, click “OK” in the dialog box to complete the backup process.
The Smart Switch software helps you back up all your notes, music, settings, and applications but doesn’t show your application progress.
Method #3: Backing Up via Samsung Kies
Another third-party software you can use to back up your Samsung phone data to a PC is Samsung Kies.
- Download the “Samsung Kies“ software to your PC.
- Install and open the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- Use a USB wire to connect your Samsung phone to your PC.
- Click the “Back up/Restore” tab on the Samsung Kies software.
- Click “Data Back up” and select the items you want to back up to your PC on your phone.
- Click “Back up” and select “OK” in the dialog box.
The data is successfully backed up from your Samsung phone to your PC.
Method #4: Backing Up via PhoneTrans
With these steps, you can also use PhoneTrans software to back up data from your Samsung phone to a PC.
- Download and install the PhoneTrans software to your PC.
- Launch the software and click “Phone Back up” and “Selective Back up”.
- Click “Start Back up”.
- Connect your Samsung phone to your PC with a USB cable.
- Click “Back Up” on PhoneTrans software.
- Select the data you want to back up and click “Back Up Now”.
All the selected data is transferred from your Samsung phone to your PC via the Phone Trans app.
In this guide on how to back up data from a Samsung phone to a PC, we’ve discussed several methods for transferring the phone’s data using Smart Switch and a traditional drag-and-drop approach. We’ve also discussed methods for backing up the Samsung phone using third-party software like Samsung Kies and PhoneTrans.
Hopefully, the information in this article helped you transfer data from your Samsung phone to your computer, and now you are no longer afraid of losing your important images, videos, and document files.
Frequently Asked Questions
To back up data from a broken Samsung phone, go to the “Find My Mobile“ service on your PC. Login by using your Samsung account. Click “Back up”. Choose the files you wish to transfer and click “Back up”.