It can sometimes be frustrating to receive some unwanted phone calls or deal with callers that decide to hide their numbers. Although this may be a helpful trick realtors and salespeople use to get you to answer your call, you may sometimes find it an interruption. If your device is an iPhone, you can take a few steps to stop these calls from getting through. So, how can you block no caller ID on your iPhone?
Ideally, there are different methods to block no caller ID on iPhones. Some of the most effective ways include silencing the unknown caller, using the Do Not Disturb mode, or creating a new contact.
Since you’re not satisfied with picking up calls from unknown callers, any of these methods will serve as a way out of the disturbance you experience during your day. In this piece, we’ll explore each of these methods.
3 Methods To Block “No Caller ID” Calls on iPhone
Below are the three ways you can stop no caller ID on your device from interfering with your day.
Method #1: Silencing the Unknown Caller
Silencing the caller is the most effective method to block calls from callers with no caller ID on your iPhone. They will be redirected to voicemail instead of getting the calls directly. With this, such callers can leave a message if their call is that urgent and important. This method ensures that unknown calls are stopped from disturbing you, yet there is a way you can see if some unknown callers have contacted you.
Here’s how to silence the unknown caller on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and hit “Phone”.
- Click “Silence Unknown Callers”. Activate the feature by toggling the switch.
Every call from unknown callers will be directed to voicemail; however, you can still see them in your “Recent Calls” list. Besides, you will see no caller ID numbers and numbers with a caller ID that are not in your contacts list.
In addition, numbers you have called recently will still have their way through, even if you don’t have them in your contacts.
Method #2: Using the Do Not Disturb Mode
With the Do Not Disturb feature, you can silence notifications, alerts, and calls you find disturbing while your device is locked. This is an excellent method to prevent unknown callers from interfering with your day’s work, particularly when total concentration is required.
When the Do Not Disturb feature is turned on, you will only receive calls from people in your contacts.
Here’s how to block no caller ID on iPhone using the Do Not Disturb mode.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and click “Focus”.
- Select a focus from the appeared list or hit the plus (+) icon on the top left of the screen to create a new one.
- Press “People”, which is under “Allowed Notifications”.
- Hit “Calls From”.
- Choose “All Contacts”.
- Swipe down from the top right-hand corner of the screen to see the control panel if you decide to turn these settings on.
- Click “Focus”.
- Tap on the newly set up focus. Note that the only calls you can now receive are from those in your contacts list.
Method #3: Creating a New Contact
Another good way to block no caller ID on iPhone is to create a new contact. You will name this contact “No Caller ID” or “Do not Answer”. However, you should note that your device cannot block private or hidden numbers because they cannot be recognized. Nonetheless, you can easily work around the issue when you create a contact that looks like this unknown number.
Here’s how to block no caller ID on your iPhone by creating a new contact.
- Go to Contacts on your device and click on the plus (+) icon to create a new contact.
- Type “Do Not Disturb” or “No Caller ID” into the text box as the contact’s name.
- Key in the phone number of the new contact the digits “000-000-0000”.
- Save by hitting the “Done” button at the top left of the screen.
- Scroll through the new contact’s profile and tap on the “Block This Caller” option.
- Confirm your choice by choosing “Block Contact”.
Your device will see any private or hidden numbers as a block number, stopping it from ringing if anyone calls using an unknown number.
When you know how to block “No Caller ID” calls on your iPhone, it becomes easy to prevent disturbance from unknown callers. This article has provided three different methods on how to go about it. Following any of them can stop nuisance callers from getting through to you.