When you’re unavailable to receive a call on your iPhone, it goes to voicemail. However, you can disable the voicemail feature if you’d rather not have your calls redirected to voicemail when you’re unavailable. So, how do you block voicemails from your iPhone?
Generally, to block voicemail on your iPhone, you have to contact your mobile service provider. Your service provider will either block your voicemail from their end or will give you a short code you can use to deactivate the voicemail.
You can also forward your calls to another number or let your voicemail be full, so no one will be able to leave another voicemail for you. It is also possible to block voicemail depending on the service provider and the phone you are using.
Learn how to disable voicemail on your iPhone using the simple steps highlighted below.
Different Ways To Block Voicemails on iPhone
There are different ways you can block voicemail on your iPhone. So, whether you are looking for a permanent way or a less permanent way to block voicemail on your iPhone, continue reading this article to enlighten yourself.
Method #1: Contacting Your Service Provider
The most straightforward way to block voicemail on your iPhone is to contact your service provider. This method is so easy because different service providers use different methods to block voicemails. So, by contacting your service provider, they are in the best position to know how to block voicemail on your device.
Here’s how to block voicemail on your iPhone by contacting your service provider.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone and dial your service provider’s contact number.
- You can reach your service provider by dialing *611.
- If that number does not work, do a quick Google search for your service provider’s contact address.
- When you get in touch with an agent from your service provider, ask the agent to disable your voicemail.
Method #2: Dialing a Short Code
The easiest and quickest way to turn off your voicemail on your iPhone is by dialing a short code known as the MMI, the Man-Machine Interface code. So, you can use this MMI code to communicate with your service provider rather than calling your service provider to talk to an agent. By dialing the right code, you can disable voicemail on your iPhone.
Here’s how to block voicemail on your iPhone by dialing an MMI code.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- To disable voicemail on most service providers, dial #004#.
- You will get a prompt saying your voicemail has been successfully deactivated. Take note that some service providers do not support this feature.
- To reactivate voicemail on your service provider, dial *004#.
Method #3: Forwarding Calls to Another Number
A workaround you can use to block voicemail on your iPhone is to forward it to another number. When you forward your calls to another number, when you are unavailable, the call is redirected to the number you forwarded your calls to. Hence, you will no longer be bothered by a long list of voicemails to go through when you are unavailable.
Here’s how to block voicemail on your iPhone by forwarding it to another number.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down the list and tap on the “Phone” option.
- Select “Call Forwarding”.
- Ensure the slider for the option is turned on, then select “Forward To”.
- Input a number you want to forward your calls to; it can be any phone number you no longer use or your home line.
- Tap “Back” at the top left corner of your screen; this option will automatically save.
Method #4: Filling Up Your Voicemail Box
Another trick you can use to block voicemail on your iPhone is to allow your voicemail to be full. Each service provider has a maximum number of voicemails you can have in your inbox. Once your voicemail is full, callers wouldn’t be able to leave a new voicemail for you.
Here’s how to block voicemail on your iPhone by filling up your voicemail box.
- Put your iPhone on Airplane Mode.
- On another device, call your phone number and leave yourself a voicemail.
- Keep leaving yourself a voicemail until the mailbox is full.
- If you use Verizon, your voicemail box will be full after 40 messages; Sprint will be full after 30 messages, and so on.
Rather than blocking voicemail on your iPhone, you can block specific numbers you don’t want to receive a voicemail from. All you have to do is tap on the contact, scroll down, and then click on “Block This Contact”.
As you can see from this guide, blocking voicemail on your iPhone is pretty straightforward. Moreover, not all service providers support voicemail. Whatever the case, contacting your service provider is the best way to disable voicemail on your device. Once you disable it, you wouldn’t have to worry about checking your voicemail. You can also reactivate your voicemail by contacting your service provider again.