The bookmark option is pretty convenient when surfing online via a computer browser. All of your favorite websites are categorized for instant access. But some users wonder if they can do the same on their iPads without any issues.
You can bookmark your favorite web pages on your iPad. To do this, open the Safari browser and visit your favorite website. Tap and hold the “Share” icon on the upper right corner of the screen. Tap “Add Bookmark.” Set a name for your bookmark page and tap “Save.”
This article will guide you on how to bookmark on your iPad with the help of easy step-by-step instructions. We will also discuss how you can manage and access bookmarks once you have added them to your iPad.
Bookmarking on iPad
If you find it difficult to bookmark web pages on your iPad, our three step-by-step methods will help you conveniently assist in this matter.
Method #1: Adding Bookmark With Share Options
The Safari browser is pre-installed on the iPad and lets you bookmark websites quickly. Here is the complete method for this process.
- Launch the Safari browser from your iPad’s home screen.
- Enter the webpage URL you want to save as a bookmark.
- Tap and hold the “Share” icon on the upper right side of the screen.
- Tap “Add Bookmark.”
- Enter the name for your bookmark and tap “Save” to add the webpage as a bookmark.
Method #2: Adding Bookmark With Quick Access
Safari browser includes a quick access option to manage and access bookmarks which can assist in adding a website to the bookmark list with these steps.
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPad and go to the webpage you want to bookmark.
- Tap and hold the “Book” icon on the upper left side of the screen.
- When you see a pop-up menu, tap “Add Bookmark.”
- Set the name for your webpage’s bookmark and tap “Save.”
- The web page will be added to the bookmark list in the Safari browser.
Method #3: Adding Bookmark on Homepage
Creating a bookmark shortcut on your iPad Home screen allows you to instantly access your favorite web pages. You can easily do this by performing the following steps in a sequence.
- Open the Safari browser and navigate the webpage you want to bookmark.
- Tap the “Share” icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Add to Home Screen” option.
- Enter the name for your webpage bookmark and tap “Add.”
- The bookmark will display with a name and icon on the home screen of your iPad.
The home screen bookmark on the iPad will not be an offline version of the webpage, unlike the “Reading List”, so you will still need the internet to access its contents.
Accessing Bookmarks on iPad
Bookmarking a website is the halfway process. But it gets tricky when you want to access the saved bookmarks on your iPad.
The bookmarks added to the Home screen are like accessing a mobile application. However, accessing bookmarks from the Safari browser requires a few simple steps.
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPad.
- Find and tap the “Book” icon on the navigation bar of the Safari browser.
- A pop-up menu will reveal three categories; tap the “Book” icon again.
- All of your saved bookmarks will be featured by name under this tab.
In this guide on how to bookmark on iPad, we discussed three easy methods following a step-by-step approach to enhance your surfing experience.
We also shared some easy steps to instantly access the saved bookmarks on your iPad for further convenience. We hope our guidelines were pretty easy to understand and follow.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Reading List is a little different from a bookmark as this option allows you to download an offline copy of the webpage that you can access without internet access. It’s suitable if you want to read eBooks or blogs on your iPad without an internet connection.
While setting up the iCloud for Safari, the bookmarks, reading list, and browsing data are saved on iCloud instead of your device’s local storage. This feature makes it convenient to access Reading Lists and Bookmarks on any Apple device where your account is logged in.
Launch the Safari browser on your iPad and navigate to the website you want to save. Tap the “Share” icon from the navigation bar of the browser. Select “Add to Favorites” from the pop-up menu. Enter a name for the bookmark and tap “Done” to save the webpage in the Favorite folder of Bookmarks.