Smart TVs are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer many features and advantages over traditional TVs, such as the ability to browse the internet. However, many people are unaware of how to access the internet through smart TVs.
If you want to browse the internet on your smart TV, press the “Home” or “Menu” key on your remote and head to the “Apps” section. Select the internet browser and press the center button to launch it.
On Samsung Smart TV, press the “Smart Hub” key on the remote, go to the web browser, and press “Enter”.
This article will explore how to browse the internet on smart TV with simple step-by-step instructions to help you go through the entire process efficiently.
- Browsing the Internet on Your Smart TV
- Using Other Browsing Sources
Browsing the Internet on Your Smart TV
If you don’t know how to browse the internet on your smart TV, our 4 simple and easy step-by-step methods will help you with this task without much hassle.
Method #1: Accessing the Internet on a Sony Smart TV
To browse the internet on your Sony Smart TV, follow the below instructions.
- Ensure your Sony Smart TV is connected to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Press the “Menu” or “Home” button on your Sony Smart TV remote.
- Go to “Apps”, choose the internet browser and press the center button.
Now you can browse the internet on your Sony Smart TV.
If you can’t find the internet browser under “Apps”, go to the “All Apps” section and launch the browser from there.
Method #2: Accessing the Internet on a Samsung TV
If you are using Samsung Smart TV, do the following steps to browse the internet.
- Make sure to connect your Samsung Smart TV to an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Press the “Smart Hub” button on your remote, select web browser, and press the “Enter” key.
- Enjoy using the browser on your Samsung Smart TV.
Method #3: Accessing the Internet on an LG TV
To browse the internet on your LG TV, do these steps.
- Connect your LG TV to the internet and press the “Home” button on your LG Magic Smart Remote.
- Scroll through the apps to find the web browser or internet and select it.
- Open new tabs and browse the internet on your LG Smart TV.
Method #4: Accessing the Internet on a Panasonic Smart TV
Do these steps to use the internet browser on your Panasonic Smart TV.
- Connect your Panasonic TV to an active internet connection.
- Press the “Home” button and scroll to the left or right using the remote to select “Apps”.
- Scroll through the different apps, select the browser, and press the “Enter” key.
- Enter any website address and start browsing the internet on your Smart Panasonic TV.
Some smart TVs might not have an internet browser pre-installed. Therefore, you may need to install it from the TV’s App Store first. You can also change the default browser on a few LG TVs.
Using Other Browsing Sources
If your smart TV does not feature any internet browsing app, don’t worry; there are a few alternative means to access online content.
Method #1: Cast Chrome to Your Smart TV
One way to use the internet browser on your smart TV is to cast Google Chrome on your TV in the following way.
- Connect your smart TV and PC to the same internet connection.
- Launch Chrome on your PC and click the three-dot menu.
- Select the “Cast” option and let your PC search for devices nearby.
- Click “Cast” > “Sources” > “Cast Tab” option.
- Choose your TV from the search list and start browsing the internet on your smart TV.
Some smart TVs feature a built-in Chromecast to help cast your phone or PC to your TV to browse the internet or use apps.
Method #2: Use a Streaming Device
Another method to browse the internet on your smart TV is through a streaming device such as Amazon Fire Stick.
- Plug your Amazon Fire Stick into your smart TV.
- Ensure the streaming device is connected to an active Wi-Fi connection.
- On the Fire Stick home screen, select and open “Apps” using the remote.
- Go to “Categories” > “Utility” > “Silk Browser” and select the “Download” option.
- Launch the Silk Browser and accept the terms and conditions.
You can now start browsing the internet on your smart TV.
In this guide about how to browse the internet on a smart TV, we’ve discussed accessing the web pages of different TV brands. We’ve also discussed alternative ways to browse the internet if your smart TV does not feature a web browsing app.
Hopefully, you can now visit your favorite websites on your smart TV without any issues.