Audible gives you access to a wide range of audiobooks, but if you no longer want to subscribe to the app or use it on your iPhone, there are multiple workarounds to help you get this done.
To cancel an Audible subscription on your iPhone, open Settings. Then, select your name on the top to open your Apple ID and choose “Subscriptions”. Next, tap “Audible” and choose “Cancel Subscription”.
We have put together a detailed step-by-step guide for you on how to cancel audible on iPhone. We will also discuss canceling the Audible subscription using a PC and putting the account on hold.
Canceling an Audible Subscription on an iPhone
If you’re wondering how to cancel Audible on your iPhone, our 4 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much trouble.
Method #1: Using the Settings App
With these steps, you can cancel Audible on your iPhone using the Settings app.
- Open Settings.
- Tap your name on the top.
- Tap “Subscriptions”.
- Select “Audible”.
- Choose “Cancel Subscription”.
You have successfully canceled Audible on your iPhone.
If you can’t find the “Cancel Subscription” option under “Audible”, your membership for Audible is already canceled on your iPhone.
Method #2: Using the Safari Browser
To cancel Audible on iPhone using the Safari Browser, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch Safari.
- Navigate to Audible’s official site.
- Tap the share icon at the bottom and swipe left across the row at the bottom.
- Tap “Request Desktop Site”. The desktop site will shrink the page, so you need to zoom in to see the options better.
- Sign in to your Audible account using your Amazon account credentials.
- Scroll down and tap “Cancel membership” below your membership details on the screen.
Follow the on-screen prompts to cancel Audible on your iPhone successfully. When the process completes, you will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
Method #3: Using the “Talk With Customer Service” Page
It is possible to cancel Audible on iPhone via the “Talk With Customer Service” page using these steps.
- Move to the Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Open the “Talk With Customer Service“ page.
- Choose your country from the drop-down menu.
- Put your phone number in the next fields.
- Select the “Call Me now” or “Call Me in 5 Minutes” option and wait for customer support to get back to you.
The callback option only works in countries including the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands. If you don’t live in any of these countries, you can directly call Customer Support.
When you get in touch with a customer support representative, you can directly ask the agent to cancel the Audible subscription on your iPhone.
Method #4: Using Email
You can also cancel the Audible account on your iPhone by emailing social support with these steps.
- Open the Mail app on your iPhone.
- Tap the new mail icon.
- Enter “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the “To” field.
- In the “Subject” field, put “Requesting Audible Account Cancellation”.
- Compose the email requesting the canceling of your Audible account.
- Include your full name and login credentials in the mail and send it.
You will receive an email confirming your Audible account cancellation in a day or two.
Canceling an Audible Subscription Using a PC
In addition to canceling Audible on your iPhone, you can also use your Windows PC or Mac computer to cancel your Audible subscription.
- Open any browser on your PC and navigate to Audible’s official site.
- Log in using your Amazon account credentials.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your personal greeting and choose “Account Details”.
- Find and click “Cancel membership”.
- Select a reason for cancellation on the next page if you want and click “Continue canceling”.
- Click the “Finish Canceling” option on the final screen to successfully cancel your Audible subscription.
You will receive an automated email proof of the cancellation when the process completes.
Pausing an Audible Subscription
If you are canceling Audible on your iPhone just for the next few months, pausing the subscription could be a better option for you.
Use the following steps to pause your audible subscription for over three months.
- Navigate to Audible’s “Contact Us” page on the Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Click “Membership” under the “How can we help you?” section.
- Select “Switch”, “Pause”, or “Cancel my Membership”.
- Choose the method of communication you prefer between chat, phone, and email to speak with Audible customer service.
- Ask the representative to place your account on hold.
Once you have put your Audible account on hold, you won’t have to pay the subscription fee for the next three months.
In this guide, we have discussed how to cancel Audible on iPhone. We have also considered canceling the Audible subscription using PC and putting your account on hold for the next three months.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and now you no longer have to pay for the Audible services.