Have you been using the Grubhub app for ordering food online but accidentally placed the wrong one this time? Don’t worry; you can easily cancel the order within a time limit on the app.
To cancel a Grubhub order on the app, tap “Orders”, choose your latest order, tap “Help”, and select “Cancel Order”. Choose a reason for canceling your order, tap “Chat With Us”, wait for the agent’s response, and tell them about the reason for the order cancelation.
To simplify things, we took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on canceling a Grubhub order on the app. We will also explore the process for getting a refund on the Grubhub app.
- Canceling Grubhub Orders on the App
- Canceling Orders on the Grubhub Website
- Getting a Refund on a Canceled Grubhub Order
- How To Add Items on a Grubhub Order as a Restaurant
Canceling Grubhub Orders on the App
If you don’t know how to cancel a Grubhub order on the app, try the following 3 step-by-step methods to do this task without facing much trouble.
Method #1: Canceling an Order as a Customer
If you have changed your mind after ordering food on the Grubhub app, follow these steps to cancel your order.
- Launch Grubhub.
- Tap “Orders”.
- Select your latest order.
- Tap “Help”.
- Tap “Cancel Order”.
- Select a reason for canceling your order and tap “Chat With Us”.
- The Grubhub service team will let you know if your order can be withdrawn in the chat.
Usually, Grubhub’s team tries its best to cancel your order; however, if you are too late and the restaurant has prepared the order, you may not be able to cancel it.
Moreover, if you are facing any trouble canceling your order, you can directly contact the restaurant from where you’ve ordered the food.
Method #2: Canceling an Order as a Driver
It is possible that you may not be able to complete delivery as a driver due to some unforeseen circumstances. In this case, you can cancel the delivery from the Grubhub app in the following way.
- Launch the Grubhub app on your Android or iOS device.
- Choose the order you wish to cancel and tap “There’s a problem”.
- Select a reason for cancellation and confirm the process.
However, canceling an order on the Grubhub app as a driver can impact your ratings, and if you request multiple cancellations, your account may be deactivated.
Method #3: Canceling an Order as a Restaurant
If you are not willing to prepare an order in your restaurant placed via Grubhub, follow these steps to cancel it.
- Launch a browser on your device and head to the Grubhub website.
- Select the order you wish to cancel from the active list.
- Click “Cancel”, and you’re done!
You can also click “Stop taking orders” to prevent customers from placing future orders.
Canceling Orders on the Grubhub Website
You can cancel your order from the Grubhub website if you cannot do this from the app in the following way.
- Launch a browser on your Android/iOS device or computer.
- Go to the Grubhub website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select “See all past orders” and choose the order to cancel.
- Choose “Cancel”.
- Select a reason for cancellation, and that’s about it.
Getting a Refund on a Canceled Grubhub Order
If you want to get a refund after canceling your Grubhub order on the app, you can chat with the service team by doing these steps.
- Launch Grubhub.
- Tap “Orders”.
- Select your order.
- Tap “Help”.
- Chat with the customer support representative and ask for a refund.
You can also contact Grubhub by calling “1-877-585-7878” and explaining the situation to their agent to get a refund for the canceled order.
Once your refund request is processed, you will receive a confirmation email, and it may take 3-5 business days to receive the payment.
How To Add Items on a Grubhub Order as a Restaurant
Your customer might have missed something while placing the order on Grubhub, so you can simply add it in the following way.
- Open a browser on your phone, go to the Grubhub website and log in.
- Tap “Orders” and choose the order you want to edit.
- Tap “Add Item”.
- Select the item your customer wants to add to his order and make adjustments.
- Tap “Done” and select a reason for adding an item to the order.
- Tap “Save”.
This guide discusses canceling a Grubhub order on the app as a customer, driver, or restaurant owner. We’ve also discussed a method for canceling an order on the Grubhub website and getting a refund.
Moreover, we’ve shared a method for adding an item to your customer’s order as a restaurant owner.
Hopefully, your problem is resolved, and you can now quickly save your money on the wrong Grubhub order.