Mirroring your iPhone onto your LG TV can be a lot of fun. For one thing, you can get the incredible experience of using your iPhone on a large screen. Moreover, you can screen movies and videos on your iPhone on your LG TV. Well, you might be wondering what’s the procedure to cast iPhone to LG TV.
The easiest way to cast iPhone to LG TV is by using AirPlay. Make sure your iPhone and LG TV have a connection to the same Wi-Fi. Go to AirPlay on the “Home” dashboard on your LG TV. Turn it on and tune the settings to your ease. Then, slide down on the top-right. There, click on the “Screen Mirroring” option. Select your LG TV from the index of available devices. A PIN will appear on your LG TV. Enter it on your iPhone.
In this article, I’ll discuss in detail the different methods you can employ for casting your iPhone to LG TV.
Method #1: Casting iPhone to LG TV Using AirPlay
The most straightforward way of mirroring your iPhone to your LG TV is by utilizing Apple’s AirPlay. AirPlay is a protocol that allows different devices to navigate and share audio and video streams. Here’s what you need to do.
- Make sure your iPhone and the LG TV share a connection to the same network.
- Press the “Home” button on the TV remote. The LG menu will pop up.
- Navigate to the “Home” dashboard in the menu.
- Click the “Up” button. It will open up a new menu.
- Navigate to the option reading “AirPlay”. Then, press the “Enter” button.
- It will bring up the “AirPlay” tab. Again, press the “Enter” button.
- The AirPlay Setting menu will open up. Turn on the “AirPlay” option if it isn’t already. Below it, you can set up whether you require a code or a password for mirroring your iPhone to LG TV.
- Slide down on the top-right of your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Screen Mirroring” option in the menu.
- It will show you a list of the devices available. Select your LG TV from the list.
- A PIN will appear on your TV’s screen. Enter it to finish.
If you don’t know how to check the Wi-Fi connection on an LG TV, press the button with a gear icon on your remote control. In the pop-up menu, look up the “Network” tab. Here, you can establish or check your Wi-Fi connection.
It should cast your iPhone to the LG TV. Now, you can mirror your iPhone to the LG TV, stream videos, and go through photos using AirPlay.
Method #2: Casting iPhone to LG TV Using the LG TV Plus App
Another efficient way of casting your iPhone screen to the LG TV is by using the Device Connector protocol in the LG TV. Here’s what you need to do.
- Make sure your iPhone and LG TV share a connection with the same network.
- On your TV remote, press the “Home” button. It will open up a menu.
- Look for the “Device Connector” option and open it. A bunch of connecting options will appear.
- Select the option reading “Smartphones” and press “Enter”.
- Choose between the options “Content Share” or “Screen Share”. Content share allows you to play videos and the like from your iPhone; Screen Share casts your iPhone screen to the TV.
- After selecting it, you’ll see a QR code generated for iOS. Open the Scanner on your iPhone and scan the code.
- You’ll redirect to LG TV Plus app on the App Store. Install it.
- In the app, select your LG TV from the menu.
- Enter the PIN you see on your TV’s screen in your iPhone.
Now, you can cast your screen or share content from your iPhone. The advantage of this method is that you can share a specific video or a screen without sharing the screen.
Method #3: Casting iPhone to LG TV Using Screen Mirroring
Screen Mirroring is another apt way of mirroring your iPhone screen to an LG TV. The advantage it has over other methods is that you can cast your iPhone to multiple screens using it. You can find step-by-step tutorials to use it on the app’s website.
AirPlay is the go-to method for casting your iPhone screen to your LG TV. You can establish a connection by entering your TV’s “AirPlay” window. Then, you can find it on your “Screen Mirroring” tab and connect to it after entering the required PIN.
LG’s TV Plus app provides another way of doing so. You can set up the app by navigating to the “Device Connector” on your TV. Lastly, the Screen Mirroring app is another excellent option for screencasting, especially on multiple devices.