The NFL Network has an enormous fan following across the globe. You can watch Super Bowl, Play-offs, and other NFL Game Pass content on your mobile device, on NFL.com, or through the NFL app.
However, sometimes your phone’s screen isn’t enough to view and enjoy the videos, so you can cast the app to your TV. How can you do that?
The NFL app is now available for Samsung and LG smart TVs. So, download and then install the app on your TV to access the content from there. If you don’t have any of these smart TVs, use screen sharing or screen mirroring to stream content from your mobile device to your particular TV screen.
We’ll have detailed coverage of all these for you below. Keep reading to learn how to enjoy your NFL Game Pass content better.
Casting the NFL App on Your TV
As confirmed here, you can’t cast the NFL Game Pass content to your TV or connected device.
The only way to enjoy the content is through the NFL app on supported devices. So, you can only do screen mirroring if you’ve installed the app on your mobile device and want to watch the video content on the big TV screen.
Method #1: Direct Download
NFL app is now available for download on Samsung and LG Smart TVs (but not yet available on LG webOS 5.0).
Thus, if you have one of these TVs, you don’t need to worry about anything.
Here’s what to do:
- Switch on your smart TV and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Smart Hub button on your TV remote to the menu.
- Choose the “Apps” option.
- Click on the Search icon and type “NFL” in the search box.
- Tap on the NFL app and choose “Install” to download and install the app on your smart (Samsung or LG) TV.
- Click “Open” to open the NFL app, and you’ll see an activation code on the screen.
- Go to the NFL Network Activation page.
- Enter that code and click “Continue” to activate the app and log in to the NFL Game Pass subscription.
- Select the content you want to play on your TV and enjoy.
Method #2: SmartThings App
This method is exclusively applicable to you if you have a Samsung smart TV.
Screen mirroring (“screen sharing”) between your smart TV and mobile device is now easier than ever using the Samsung SmartThings app, available for iOS (App Store) and Android (Google Play Store) devices.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Download the app on your smartphone.
- Connect your Samsung smart TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the SmartThings app on your phone and tap on the “Add Device” button.
- Choose your TV and type the PIN to connect it.
- Select “Smart View” to mirror the smartphone screen on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to the App Store or Play Store on the smartphone, install the NFL app and open it.
- Sign in to the NFL Network and watch the content on your TV.
The Smart View is a useful feature for screen mirroring. It allows you to watch content available on your phone or PC onto your TV screen. Here’s how to enable Smart View on your Samsung TV.
Method #3: Screen Mirroring Feature
Most smartphones come with a screen mirroring feature. However, the term and steps for activating the feature may vary from one smartphone to another.
Here are the steps to follow if you’re using an Android phone:
- Swipe down from the top-right corner to go to the ”Quick Settings” panel and look for the ”Cast” option.
- If you can’t find the option, click on the ”Edit” button and look for the ”Screen Cast” toggle.
- Hold and drag the “Cast” button to the “Quick Settings” panel.
- Tap the ”Screen Cast” button and choose your TV if it’s showing up on the list to start mirroring your phone.
In case the screencast button doesn’t appear in your phone’s Quick Setting panel, check in the settings if the device has an option to connect to the TV wirelessly but under a different name.
The Screen Casting feature is available only on Android 5.0 and later – devices released in 2014 and later. Your phone may not be supported if it’s older than that. Don’t worry; the Google Home app has got you covered!
Here are the steps to follow if you’re using an iOS device:
- Connect your smart TV and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone to go to the ”Control Center”.
- Click on the “Screen Mirroring” option (Cast button) and choose your TV from the list.
The screen mirroring using the Cast feature works only for iOS devices running at least iOS 13. You might not find this feature if you’re using an older model. Fortunately, you can still use the Google Chromecast to stream the NFL Game Pass content from your iPhone to your TV.
This article covered three methods to watch your favorite content on TV.
One is to download the app on your smart TV, available for Samsung and LG TVs (expect the LG webOS 5.0). The next was the screen sharing between your smartphone and TV using the Samsung SmartThings app. And the third method was mirroring your phone using the cast feature.
We’ve learned that the cast feature is only available on recent mobile devices. Use the Google Home app if your Android version doesn’t have the feature. Similarly, use Google Chromecast if you’re iPhone isn’t running iOS 13 and above.