Peer-to-peer (P2P) payment apps, such as Cash App, have become popular alternatives to traditional payments. Since Cash App doesn’t seem to provide apparent steps to change cards, the question of how to do so has drawn attention.
Changing Cash App’s bank, debit, or credit card is straightforward. First, you need to remove the card previously added (if any), then follow specific steps to get your new card ready for sending and receiving payment.
This guide will share what Cash App is, why you need to change cards, and how you can change cards and bank accounts on Cash App. Let’s get started.
What Is Cash App?
Cash App is a mobile app that allows people to send and receive money instantly and quickly between each other. It is like PayPal and Venmo but has a few other functionalities.
Cash App also provides a bank account and debit card, which you can access anywhere ATMs are available. The app also allows you to invest in stocks and Bitcoin.
Why Should You Consider Changing Cards on Cash App
You should consider changing cards on Cash App for multiple reasons, including the following.
- If your card has expired and you can’t use it anymore.
- If you have changed your bank account and received the new card.
- If you want to use another card for all your transactions on Cash App.
- If the registered card is missing or stolen.
- If you are switching between different accounts more frequently.
How To Change Cards on Cash App
As said earlier, if you want to change your card on Cash App, you have to unlink the card registered on the app. You can remove the card from Cash App by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open Cash App on your iPhone or Android.
- Click on the home icon located at the bottom of the mobile app.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of all the cards and bank accounts registered on the application. Click the card you want to change.
- Click the card you want to remove, and in the upper-right corner of the next screen, you will see three dots; click on them.
- On the next screen, you will have two options: “Remove Card” or “Replace Card”. If you have lost the card, you can click on “Replace Card”; otherwise, click the “Remove Card” button.
- Click “Add Card” and fill in your card details carefully.
Now, you have successfully added a new card to Cash App.
How To Change or Remove a Bank Account on Cash App
Cash App also allows you to add or remove new bank accounts. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below.
- Head to the “Bank Accounts” section, find the account you want to remove, and tap on the three dots in the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Now you will have two options: either you can permanently remove the bank account from the app or replace the bank with a new one.
- Enter your new bank account number, follow the on-screen prompts, and your new account will be added to Cash App.
This is how you can change your card or bank account on Cash App. Adding or removing cards on Cash App is straightforward and identical for iPhone and Android users. I hope after going through the above apparent steps, you have managed to change the card on Cash App.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there are no charges for changing cards on Cash App, no matter how many times you add or remove the card on the app. You only have to pay when you withdraw money from an ATM or opt for a physical card.
Cash App allows you to add a credit card. With Cash App, you can add debit and credit cards issued by MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
All the changes made to Cash App are applied with immediate effects. Your request to add or remove a card will be addressed as soon as you perform the steps prescribed by Cash App.