The newest gaming keyboard from Redragon has customized backlights. It is cool and popular among gaming folks. You can also change the colors of your new keyboard to match the game’s vibe!
You can easily change the backlight color for each specific key or overall keyboard using the function keys in combinations with other keys. Another method used is through the manufacturer’s software. Install it on your PC and use it to change the colors of the keys on your keyboard.
So let’s see both ways to change the colors on your Redragon keyboard. Change the entire feel of playing video games with your online buddies while experiencing the whole ambiance.
How To Change Redragon Keyboard Color
Here’s how you can change your Redragon keyboard’s color.
Method #1: Changing the Keyboard Colors Using the Function Key
You can easily change the backlight color for each specific key on a Redragon keyboard. Follow the steps below:
- On the bottom right-hand corner of the keyboard, next to the “Alt” key, press “Fn” or the “Function” key. This changes the color of the keyboard backlights.
- Then press the tilde (~) key, located next to the “1” key on the keyboard.
- Now, an indicator will start flashing on the right side of the keyboard.
- That means that the keyboard is ready to change colors. You will also see that the tilde (~) key is glowing.
- Pressing the “Fn” + the right arrow key lets you change the color of the tilde (~) key.
- Keep clicking this combination until you reach your favorite color.
- After settling on a color, click “Fn” + Tilde (~) to save it.
The color of any key on your Redragon can be changed by pressing “Fn” + the key you want to change. Continue pressing the right arrow button till you land on your favorite color.
Method #2: Changing the Keyboard Colors Using the Redragon Software
Some Redragon keyboards do not have pre-installed presets. That means you can change their color using keyboard keys. In that case, you can use the Redragon software to change your keyboard’s color.
- Download the software and install it on your computer.
- Start the software and connect your keyboard to your computer.
- Once your computer detects the keyboard, you hear a sound.
- In the Redragon Keyboard Manager software, select the “Tools” tab on the top-left corner and click on “Keyboard Settings.”
- Next, scroll down to find the “Color” section in the list and click on it.
- Here, choose between red, yellow, blue, white, and green, and click on your desired color.
- Now, on the bottom right corner, click “Save Changes.” Your settings and new color are now changed.
Using this method, you can change the color of your Redragon keyboard. Alternatively, you can use a color-changing LED strip in different lengths and colors. Pair them with custom lighting schemes for a great look.
Gaming enthusiasts love to have a feel of the virtual world during an exciting game with their friends. Changing your Redragon keyboard color is a great way to add to the entire ambiance. You can easily change it using the function keys in combination with other keys to choose a color for every individual key. The Redragon Keyboard software also lets you change the keyboard color easily. So choose the method that suits your keyboard to have an exciting gaming experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
This may be because your Redragon keyboard is turned off. First, turn it on by pressing the “Menu” key followed by the power button. If you are stuck or need any help, press the “F1” key. Once the Redragon keyboard is turned on, it starts lighting upon pressing the keys.
One reason is that there may be a problem with the firmware. Or else, maybe your Redragon keyboard does not support color change. To resolve either issue, you can either get a new keyboard or ask Redragon support to look into the issue.
Start with pressing “Fn” + “->” repeatedly to choose the backlight color. Then choose the key whose color you want to change. Next, to save the setting, press “Fn” + “~.” You can follow these steps to change the color of each key separately.
To reset your Redragon keyboard, press “Fn” + “Prtsc” located next to the “F12” key intended for RGB backlit keyboard. For the Rainbow backlit keyboard, you need to press “Fn” + “Esc” for the first three seconds, followed by “F1,” “F5,” and “F3.”