Are you bored watching the long-form tutorial videos and want to skip some parts? Skipping is not the right option to look for in this scenario. YouTube allows users to increase the playback speed of the video from the YouTube app— saving time without missing any visual detail— isn’t best? Wondering how to change the speed on the YouTube app? Here’s how!
You can adjust the playback speed from the YouTube app—irrespective of your device, whether it’s Android or iOS. However, the Android users must have at least YouTube app version 5.0, and iOS users must equip themselves with iOS version 12.33 and above to enjoy the playback speed option. You can slow down a video at 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, or play it at the normal speed, i.e., 1x or speed it up at 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x from the YouTube app.
Additionally, you might have read the comments under a music video where the community has suggested listening to the song at 1.75x or 0.5x – because slowing down or speeding up makes it sound more pleasant. Therefore, you can also adjust the speed right from the YouTube app to enjoy the music just the way you like. Want to know how?
The article will guide you on the best way to adjust the playback speed (slow down or speed up) from the YouTube app in simple steps. Let’s get started.
How to Change Speed on YouTube App
If you love watching content such as educational videos or how-to tutorials on YouTube, you’d be glad to know that you no longer need a laptop or PC to adjust the playback speed. The YouTube app now has the playback adjustment option. However, after slowing or speeding it up, the video quality depends on the network connection. Below are some methods to adjust the playback speed on Android and iPhone via the YouTube app.
Method #1: Adjust Playback Speed on Android via YouTube App
Want to speed up or slow down a video to comprehend better the information delivered in a particular scene? Here’s how to change the video speed on the YouTube Android app:
- First, open the YouTube app on your Android device.
Search any YouTube video or play your favorite one from the trending section.
- Once the video is open and played, tap on the video to see the overlay settings. The overlay has different functionalities. Tap on the three-dot button in the top-right corner.
- Once you tap the three-dot button, a settings menu will appear on the screen. Tap on the “Playback Speed” – stating “normal” at the moment. Here, you can choose between various speed options ranging from 0.25x to 2x.
Method #2: Adjust Playback Speed on iPhone via YouTube App
iPhone users with iOS version 12.33 and above can also change the playback speed of any video from the YouTube app now. The steps are similar to Android— here’s how to do it:
- Open the YouTube app and play the video you wish to change the playback speed.
Tap anywhere on the video screen to get the overlay of options. Tap on the three-dot button in the top-right corner.
- Here you can see the playback speed option set to normal. Tap on it and adjust the speed of your video.
- You can slow the video by choosing 0.25x, 0.5x, and 0.75x, or speed it up with 1.25x, 1.5x, and 1.75x options.
You cannot choose the custom playback speed option in Android and iOS YouTube apps. However, you can adjust the speed of YouTube videos with a custom option from the web browser on a Desktop PC.
How to Change Speed of YouTube Video on PC
YouTube’s video player on a PC or laptop offers more options for adjusting playback speed. You cannot only adjust the playback speed with provided options but can customize it your way. Here’s how to change the speed of YouTube videos on the web:
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/ and open the video you want to watch.
- From the YouTube video player interface, click on the “Settings” button from the bottom toolbar and tap on “Playback Speed”.
- Tap on the “Playback Speed” and set the speed of the video as you like. You can also click on the “Custom” button to set the speed.
Have you ever watched a how-to tutorial and missed an important detail while skipping some part of the video? You can always speed up a video via the YouTube app on your Android and iOS device. On the contrary, a video can also be slowed down to comprehend all the information in a particular scene. Adjust the playback speed in a few taps or clicks and enjoy the content just as you want!