Are you playing games on Steam for a long time but now want to change your username? I know this is a frustrating situation when you created a username being a child. But, now that username is not appropriate, you are mature enough to change that username.
If you want to change your Steam username, you have to go to the Steam and click on your account name in the top-right corner. Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu, then click “Edit Profile” and enter a new username.
Changing or editing your current Steam username is not that difficult. But, it would be challenging for some people because the methods are different on each device. So, I am writing a brief guide that will help you change the username in a few seconds.
What is Steam Username?
When you create an account on Steam, you get two types of identification: Account name and username. The Account name would be numeric, and it can not be changed anyway. It is a unique account name associated with your profile once you create it.
On the other hand, the username would be in numeric or alphabetical form. For example, my Steam username is Faizi439. Steam allows you to change or edit your username according to your needs.
So, let’s find out how you can change your Steam username.
How to Change Steam Username?
Steam username can be changed by following the below-mentioned steps. But, there are three different methods to do that. You will have to follow the methods according to the device you are using to run the Steam.
Method #1: Change Steam Username by Phone App
Here are some simple steps that can help you change your Steam username on the phone app.
- Open the Steam App on your Phone.
- Now click on the three bars or “Options.“
- It will open a sliding window where you will see your profile picture and username at the top.
- You will have to click on the “Profile Picture” or “Username.”
- It will open a new window where you will see an option named “Edit Profile.” Just click on it
- Now you will see three options, and the first one would be “Profile Name.”
- This is your current profile or username. You can type your new username in it.
This will change your username, and you can enjoy gaming with an updated profile name according to your choice.
Method #2: Change Steam Username by Desktop App
Changing your username on the Steam desktop app is relatively easy. Here are the steps that can help you.
- Open the Steam desktop app.
- Now, look at the top right corner of the screen, and you will see your current profile name or username.
- Click on it, and it will open a slide or options bar.
- Now click on the “Profile.”
- A new screen will be open where you will see the “Edit Profile” option.
- Click on “Edit Profile,” and a new window will appear.
- Scroll down and find the General tab.
- Here you will see an option named “Profile Name.”
- You can type your new username into it.
This will change your current username.
I hope that these methods mentioned above worked perfectly for you and you were able to change your username on Steam quickly. If you still have some questions regarding this topic, you can ask me in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can change your Steam username as many times as you want to. There are no restrictions. You can do it repeatedly until you find the perfect name for your account.
You can’t change the name of your Steam account. The Steam account name is used as the unique identification number for each user, and it cannot be changed for any reason.
Other users can’t see your Steam account name as it is private. They can only see your profile name or username if you have added them to your friend list.