Is the bank account linked with your Cash App acting up, and do you want to change your account number? Luckily, several workarounds help you go through the process of changing the account number.
To change the account number on Cash App, open Cash App and tap the “Cash amount” icon at the bottom. On the “My Cash” tab, tap your linked bank’s name and tap the “Account xxx” option. From the pop-up menu, tap “Replace Bank” and enter your new account number.
We have compiled a comprehensive guide for you on changing your account number on the Cash App using simple step-by-step methods. We will also discuss changing the account type and the card linked to your Cash account.
- Changing Account Number on Cash App
- Finding the Account Number on Cash App
- Changing the Card on Cash App
- Changing the Account Type on Cash App
Changing Account Number on Cash App
If you’re wondering how to change your account number on Cash App, our 3 step-by-step methods will help you perform this task without much trouble.
Method #1: Using the “My Cash” Tab
With these steps, you can change your account number on Cash App using the “My Cash” tab.
- Launch the Cash App.
- Tap the “Cash amount” icon in the bottom left corner to open the “My Cash” tab.
- Tap the “Account xxx” option.
- Tap the three dots icon from the top.
- Tap “Replace Bank”.
Follow the instructions to enter your new account and routing numbers. Your account number will successfully change on the Cash App afterward.
Method #2: Using the Profile Settings
To change your account number on Cash App using the Profile Settings, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch the Cash App.
- Tap “Profile”.
- Tap “Linked Banks” and choose the bank account you want to replace.
- Tap “Replace Bank” and follow the on-screen instructions to add a new account or change the account number.
Method #3: Removing Old Accounts and Adding New
If you want to change the account number on your Cash App, you can remove your linked bank account and add a new one with these steps.
- Open the Cash App and tap the profile icon at the top.
- Tap “Linked Banks” and select the bank account currently linked to your app.
- Tap “Remove Bank”.
- Tap the profile icon from the Home screen.
- Tap “Linked Banks”.
- Tap “Link Bank”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to type in your new account number details.
Finding the Account Number on Cash App
Are you using the Cash App for the first time and don’t know where to find the account number to change it? Do these steps.
- Open the Cash App and access the “My Cash” tab.
- Scroll down to reach the “Direct Deposit” section.
- Tap “Get Account Number”.
- Select “Enable Account”.
- Tap “Copy Account Details” to copy your account number.
You can also copy the routing number to your clipboard by tapping the “Copy Routing Number” option on the screen.
Changing the Card on Cash App
In addition to the account number, you can change the card linked to your Cash App using these steps.
- Launch the Cash App and tap the cash amount icon at the bottom left.
- Tap your linked card from the screen.
- Tap “Debit Card xxx”.
- Tap the three dots.
- From the pop-up menu, tap the “Replace Debit Card” option.
- Fill in the new card’s info and tap “Add Card” when done.
Changing the Account Type on Cash App
After changing the account number on your Cash App, you can switch to a different account type using our 2 step-by-step methods for increased benefits.
Method #1: Using the Profile Settings
Using these steps, you can change your Account type from Business to Personal via the Profile Settings.
- Launch the Cash App on your device and log in using your account credentials.
- Tap the profile icon from the upper-left corner.
- Tap “Change Account Type From Business to Personal”.
- Put in your account PIN or scan your finger for confirmation.
Method #2: Contacting the Customer Support
If you are facing an error while trying to change the account type on your Cash App, you can contact customer support and switch the account with these steps.
- Tap the Cash App on your device.
- Tap the profile icon.
- Tap “Support” and choose “Something Else” from the Support menu.
- Tap “Can’t Access Old Account”.
- Enter the query telling customer support that you wish to switch your account to Personal.
- Wait until your query is answered and the account type is changed successfully.
In this guide, we’ve discussed changing your account number on the Cash App through the My Cash tab and Profile options. We have also looked into changing the card linked to your account and switching the account type.
We hope one of these methods has worked for you, and you can now easily change your banking information on the Cash App.