Do you want to change the default browser on your Android device to improve the online surfing experience but wondering how to do it? Don’t worry; you can do this in simple steps and change the browser anytime.
To change the browser on Android, open Settings and tap “Apps.” Select the three-dotted icon and tap “Default apps.” Open Browser apps and select the browser of your choice as the default one to open for browsing.
In this article, we will guide you on how to change your browser on Android. We will also explore installing and replacing a new browser with the default Chrome browser installed on your device.
Changing Browser on Android
There are many browsers available for Androids that offer valuable features. You can install multiple browsers on your devices, like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. However, Google Chrome is often set as the default browser on most Android devices, and you may be interested in switching it to another one.
If you don’t know how to change the browser on Android, our three step-by-step methods will help you do this task easily.
Method #1: Changing Browser on Samsung Android Device
You can change the browser on your Samsung device by following these steps:
- Open “Settings.”
- Tap “Apps.”
- Tap three dots in the right corner and select “Default Apps.”
- Tap “Browser App” to see the installed browsers on your Android phone.
- Tap a browser to set it as default.
You have successfully changed the browser on your Samsung Android device.
Method #2: Changing Browser on OnePlus
Like other smartphones, you can change your browser on OnePlus by following these steps:
- Open Settings on your phone and tap “Apps & Notifications.”
- Tap “Default Apps.”
- Tap “Browser App.”
- Here, you can select a browser to replace it with the current one in use.
If a browser is not pre-installed on your Android mobile, you can download it from Google Play Store. Install and set it as the default browser.
Method #3: Changing Browser on Google Pixel 6 Pro
If you want to change the browser on your Google Pixel 6 Pro Android device, follow these steps.
- Like the above method, open Settings and tap “Apps.”
- Scroll down and tap “Default Apps.”
- Tap “Browser Apps” and select your browser.
Installing a Browser on Android
If you want to install a browser on your Android device, follow these steps.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for a browser of your choice and tap “Install.”
- Wait till the browser is installed on your Android device.
You can set your newly installed browser as the default browser to open for any online browsing activity by following the methods mentioned above in this guide.
Disabling Google Chrome
If you are not fond of using Google Chrome on your Android device, you can disable it and use another browser as default by following these steps:
- Head to Android Settings, scroll a little and tap the “Apps” option.
- Tap “Chrome.”
- Tap “Force Stop.”
- Tap “Disable,” and now Chrome will not appear in App Launcher.
Go back to Settings > Apps > Default browser and choose another browser to set it as default.
What Is the Best Browser To Use?
Following are some of the best browsers packed with features to use on your Android device.
- Brave: For an ad-free browsing experience with privacy protection features.
- Mozilla Firefox: For numerous customization options and browser extensions.
- Ungoggled Chromium Browser: For frequent updates and privacy.
- Bromite: For no-clutter browsing and ad block filters.
Libre Wolf, Tor Browser, DuckDuckGo, and Waterfox are also good choices for faster browsing on your Android device.
In this guide about how to change the browser on Android, we shared methods to change your default or newly installed browser on different Android devices, such as Samsung, OnePlus, and Google Pixel.
We’ve also discussed installing a new browser on your device and replacing it with Google Chrome.
Hopefully, this informative blog answered your question, and now you can enjoy browsing on your favorite browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to change the default browser on MIUI 9, go to Settings > Apps and tap “Manage Apps.” Next, tap the 3-dotted icon on the upper-right corner, select “Default Apps,” and tap “Browser.” Here, you can change your default browser.
Google is the parent company that offers many products to the users, such as Chrome, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Play, etc.
Removing browser cookies will delete all the stored information like passwords, settings, and website preferences so that people cannot see your browsing history.