The App Store is Apple’s very own marketplace from where users of Apple Devices can download millions of applications. The marketplace offers both free and paid applications.
However, App Store is region-based, so not all apps are available in every region since some are limited to specific countries. Today, we will be discussing how to change the country in App Store so that you can try out restricted apps as well.
On iPhone, you can change the country in App Store by going directly to the Settings > Account Settings. Here, you will see an option to change the country/region.
There are more methods to help you do this task, and we are going to discuss them below.
Why Should You Change Country in App Store?
There are many reasons why you should change the country in App Store. For instance, if you own an Apple Device and moved to a different country, it will be wise to change the country of your App Store to make it run smoothly in the new country. Furthermore, some apps are available only in specific regions, and changing your location to them might help you access them.
How To Change Country in App Store
You can use multiple methods to change the country in App Store. No matter which way you follow, it will hardly take you a few minutes to complete the process.
Method #1: How To Change Country in App Store on iPhone, iPad, or iPod
You can change the country by using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Navigate through the applications and open Settings.
- Locate and select the option called “iTunes & App Store“.
- Tap on your Apple ID and login into your account.
- Tap on “Country/Region” below the “Payment Information” option.
- Choose whichever country or region you want, then tap “Next“.
- Accept the terms and conditions and enter your payment details.
- Tap “Next” to confirm.
Method #2: How To Change Country in App Store on a Computer
If you don’t own an iPhone, iPad, or iPod and only have an Apple computer or laptop (e.g., Macbook), you can change the country in App Store through it as well. Here’s how you can do it.
- Turn on the computer or laptop.
- Open iTunes.
- Access your account settings by clicking on the “Account” option in the top menu.
- Sign in to your Apple ID.
- Go to the “Account Information” page and click on “Change Country or Region” on the right side of the screen.
- Select whichever country or region you prefer from the list of options, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter your payment details, then click “Continue“.
Once done, you will have a new country or region set.
Method #3: How To Change Country in App Store on the Website
The third and final method that can help you change the country in App Store involves going to Apple’s official website. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Go to the Apple ID section on Apple’s official website. You can visit it by clicking here.
- Select “Sign In” and enter your Apple ID details.
- Go to the “Personal Information” section.
- Click “Country/Region” to select a new one.
- Enter your payment details after changing the country or region.
An important thing to keep in mind is that you might not be able to access region-limited applications even after changing the country or region of your Apple ID since Apple might find out that you’re trying to pretend to be in a different country.
Using a VPN can help solve the problem. However, everything should work fine if you travel to a new country and try to change the region to where you are.
This article tackled how to change the country in App Store. The process is pretty straightforward and will take you only a few minutes. If you travel between countries a lot, knowing how to change the country or region will help you keep on running things smoothly.