Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming apps globally. Because of its global presence, this app comes integrated with 62 languages to make it easy to use for people from different areas of the world. But if the language on the Spotify app isn’t one you understand, worry not because you can easily change it to your preferred choice.
The steps of changing the language on your Spotify app differ depending on the operating system of the gadget you’re using. Therefore, this guide will look at the main ones.
• Changing the Spotify language on Android.
• Changing the Spotify language on iPad or iPhone.
• Changing the Spotify language on Mac and Windows.
Without further ado, let’s take a more detailed look at the steps you can change the Spotify language on these different devices. In addition, this blog post will answer some of the frequently asked questions related to the Spotify app. Let’s get started.
Method #1: On Android
Changing language on your Spotify app on an Android device requires you to alter the language settings unless you’re a premium Spotify user. Therefore, you’ll need to go to your Android phone’s Settings to change the language, which will be implemented on your Spotify app by default. To make these changes, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Click “System”.
- Go to the “Language & Input” section.
- Click the language you want.
- Add your preferred language.
After you’re done with these steps, the language on your Android device and that of the Spotify app will change immediately, and you can head to Spotify and start enjoying your favorite playlist.
Method #2: On iPhone or iPad
You can only change the Spotify language on your iPhone or iPad from the app if you’re a premium user. Otherwise, you’ll be forced to go to your iPhone’s or iPad’s Settings to change the language on the Spotify app. When doing this, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Scroll down the settings until you see “General”; click it.
- Go to the “Language & Region” option.
- Look for iPhone or iPad Language option.
- A list of languages will appear, and you should scroll down to select your preferred language.
- Tap the pop-up confirmation message on your iPad’s or iPhone’s screen.
- Click the confirmation message that appears.
- Give your iPhone or iPad a second or two for the new language to be effected on your device and Spotify app.
With the new language all set, you can now head to the Spotify app and navigate it easily as you search for your favorite songs.
Method #3: On Mac and Windows
If you wish to change the Spotify app on your Windows or Mac desktop, here’s a look at the steps you should follow.
- Open the Spotify app on your computer.
- Enter your username and password to access your account.
- Tap the drop-down menu next to the profile name in the upper-right corner.
- Click the “Preferences” option.
- Tap the drop-down menu and select the suitable language from the list.
- Restart the Spotify app to apply the changes.
After the Spotify app on your Mac or Windows PC restarts, it’ll display the new language you’ve set.
The music industry has evolved greatly over the years, and so have the technologies using which you can enjoy listening to multimedia files. One such invention is the Spotify app which has become the go-to platform for listening to audio files, music, or podcasts. However, using this app can prove to be a challenge if the language used isn’t one you understand.
If you had such a challenge, this in-depth guide has got you covered, and as outlined above, the steps you should follow when changing the language on your Spotify app on different devices. Therefore, you can easily navigate the Spotify platform while listening to your different audio files.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can switch the language on your Spotify app and listen to songs in different languages. You can achieve this by following these steps.
1. Launch your gadget’s Spotify app.
2. Go to the upper-right side of the home screen and click the settings icon.
3. Search for “Languages for Music” in the new screen of different settings and click it.
4. A list of languages that can be added or removed will appear on the screen; select the language you wish to listen to.
After the final step, you can start listening to this music in this new language on the Spotify app. The steps to change the language of Spotify songs on your iPhone is almost identical.