Razer has become one of the leading gaming peripherals companies in the world. Their keyboards and mice are some of the most popular items in the gaming community. If you want to customize your keyboard lighting effects or color, Razer has a very straightforward process.
You can easily adjust the brightness of the keys using the Razer Synapse software. In addition, you can also choose from 16 million colors to customize the look of your keyboard lighting effects.
This article will teach you how to change Razer Keyboard lighting colors in different models and methods.
What Is Razer Synapse Software?
Razer Synapse is a free software application developed by Razer Inc., which allows users to customize their gaming experience. The software lets you connect seamlessly between hardware devices such as keyboards, mice, headsets, and controllers.
Once you install the Razer Synapse software on your PC or Mac, you can access the software through the Razer application. From there, you can control your Razer hardware using the intuitive interface.
Your keyboard might have either Razer Synapse 2.0 or Razer Synapse 3 version of software on your device. Make sure which version of Synapse software your keyboard is compatible with. Based on that, follow the below instruction to change the keyboard lighting colors.
How To Change the Razer Keyboard Color on Synapse 3
If you bought your Razer keyboard recently, it must have Synapse version 3 software. Once you confirm that your Razer Keyboard is using Synapse version 3 software, follow the instructions below to change the color of the Razer keyboard.
Method #1: Change the Razer Keyboard Color Using the Keyboard Menu
Changing the Razer keyboard color using the Keyboard menu is very straightforward.
- Open Razer Synapse 3 software on your PC or Mac.
- On the “Synapse” tab, select your Razer keyboard from the device list.
- Click the “LIGHTING” tab on the top.
- Click “Quick Effect” in the affection section.
- Click the scroll-down button and choose the lighting effect and color for the Razer keyboard.
- Choose the color on “COLOR 1” if you want custom colors.
That’s it; you can change the Razer keyboard lighting color using Razer Synapse 3 software. If your device supports Razer Synapse 2, check out the instructions below.
Method #2: Change Razer Keyboard Color Using Chroma Studio
Razer Chroma is a revolutionary lighting system that lets you create custom lighting effects on your Razer hardware. The software also enables you to change colors, patterns, and animations at the touch of a button.
Follow the below instructions to change the Razer keyboard lighting effect using Chroma Studio.
- Open Razer Synapse 3 on your PC or Mac.
- Click the “STUDIO” tab at the top of the screen.
- Under “ADD EFFECT”, choose the Chroma effect you like.
- Once you select the effect, you will have the following option on the center of the screen.
Use them to customize the color of your keyboards.
- Selector (shortcut: Ctrl + S): Select the LED where you want to apply the effect.
- Pen (shortcut: Ctrl + P): This lets you draw on the LEDs with the current effects.
- Paint Bucket (shortcut: Ctrl + B): Fill an area with the current effects continuously.
- Click the “SAVE” button on the bottom-right corner of Chroma Studio.
This is how you can change the Razer keyboard color using Razer Chroma Studio on your PC or Mac device.
How To Change Razer Keyboard Color on Synapse 2.0
Razer Synapse 2.0 is the legacy version of the Razer software which also lets you change the color of your keyboard on some of the old models.
Most of the Razer products support Synapse 3 version. So, check if your device is supporting the Synapse 3 version. If yes, follow the above Synapse 3 instructions, or else follow the instructions below on how to change the Razer keyboard color on Synapse 2.0 version.
- Open Razer Synapse 2.0 software on your PC or Mac.
- Click the “Keyboard” tab on the top or select your Razer keyboard from the device list.
- Click “LIGHTING”.
- On the effect section, scroll down and choose the lighting effect color for the Razer keyboard.
- Choose the colors on “COLOR 1” and “COLOR 2” if you want custom colors.
That’s it; this is how you can change the razer keyboard color using Razer Synapse 2.0 software.
Customizing your Razer devices is straightforward. All you need to do is download the Razer Synapse software and follow the instructions. Once you’ve done that, you can choose from a wide range of colors and patterns for your Razer device. Razer even lets you create a custom profile and sync it on all the Razer Chroma-enabled devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to download the correct version of Synapse software on your Windows or Mac device. Depending on the software your Razer keyboard supports, you can change the colors on your Razer keyboard in a few simple steps by following this article.
You can customize your Razer RGB keyboard using Synapse software and Chroma studio. You can pick any RGB lighting effect with 8 different lighting effects or use any choice of custom colors.