It’s annoying to travel to a new location only for your Apple watch to display your home city weather. Unfortunately, Apple Watches don’t update weather data with a change of location. Instead, you have to add the new location manually to the Weather app on your iPhone and make some changes.
How do you change the weather location on the Apple watch?
To change the weather location on your Apple Watch, do the following:
1) Add your current location to the Weather App on your iPhone and make it the Default City.
2) Enable Location Services on your iPhone.
3) Set the Apple Watch Faces to While Using.
4) Set the Weather settings to Always.
5) Enable Setting Time Zone
We prepared this article to guide you on how to change the weather location on your Apple Watch and other essential things you should know about weather settings on this gadget.
How To Change the Weather Location on an Apple Watch
Your Apple Watch has to communicate with your iPhone to function seamlessly. The two devices communicate through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, so always ensure the two are enabled. You need to change your current location to the default city on the Watch App.
Follow the steps below to set your current location as the default city:
- Open the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Click on “My Watch”.
- On the window that appears, tap on “Weather”.
- Select “Default City”.
- Scroll down the list of pre-added cities and select your current location.
If you haven’t added your current location to the Weather app, here’s how to do it:
- Open the “Weather” app on your iPhone.
- Click on the list button in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the plus(+) sign.
- On the search bar that appears, type the name of your current location. Cities that come close to the name you are typing appear.
- Select the name of the current location. You have successfully added your current location.
After selecting your current location on the Watch app, you need to enable Location Services on your iPhone. Follow these steps to enable Location Services on your iPhone:
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and click on “Privacy”.
- Click on “Location Services”.
- Turn on “Location Services” by moving the toggle to the right.
You should see your current location’s weather details on your Apple watch face. If the change of location was unsuccessful, confirm and change the following settings on your watch:
- Set Your Apple Watch Faces to “While Using”.
- Set the Weather settings to “Always”.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Enable Setting Time Zone.
How To Enable “Setting Time Zone” on Apple Watch
Follow these steps to enable “Setting Time Zone” on your Apple Watch:
- Open “System Services”.
- Navigate to “Setting Time Zone”.
- Move the toggle to the right to enable the settings.
How To Enable Bluetooth on the Apple Watch
Here’s how to enable Bluetooth on your Apple Watch:
- Press the Digital Crown on the side of your watch.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Move the toggle to the right to turn on the Bluetooth.
How To Enable Wi-Fi on the Apple Watch
Follow these steps to turn on Wi-Fi on your Apple Watch:
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Click on “Wi-Fi”.
- Move the toggle to the right to turn on the Wi-Fi connection.
To change the weather location on your Apple Watch, add your current location to the Watch app on your iPhone, then make it the default city. You also need to enable the location services on your iPhone and set the Apple Watch Faces to While Using. Additionally, enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings on your watch to keep it seamlessly connected to your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s how to check the weather on your Apple Watch:
1) Open the Weather app.
2) Tap a City. If your current city isn’t on the list of cities, tap the plus icon and add the city.
3) Browse through the weather forecasts such as temperature, precipitation, wind speed, etc.
There are two probable reasons why your Apple Watch is showing the wrong weather location:
1) Your cellular data is off.
2) You have denied the Apple Watch access to your iPhone’s Weather data.
Turn on the cellular data on your iPhone and ensure the Weather app can use your phone’s data to fix this problem. You could also disable these settings, restart the two devices together and then enable the settings again.
To change the default city on the Weather app, follow these steps:
1) Launch the “Weather” app.
2) Click on “Weather”.
3) Tap on “Default City”.
4) Select the city you want to set as the default
If the weather isn’t showing on your Apple Watch, you need to enable Background App Refresh on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
1) Open the “Settings” app.
2) Go to “General”.
3) Click on “Background App Refresh”.
4) Scroll down to the “Weather” app and move the toggle to the right to turn it on.