Do you want to update your Yahoo! account password on your Android device? Whether you are a Yahoo! email user or wish to sign up for a new account, you will need to update your password at some point. Fortunately, you can do this very quickly on Android.
To change your Yahoo! password on Android, launch the Yahoo! Mail App on your device, sign in to your account, and navigate to “Profile” > “Manage Account” > “Account Info” > “Account Security“. Tap “Change Account Password” and update the password to a new one.
We have compiled a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to change your Yahoo! password on Android. We will also elaborate on how you can reset your password if you have forgotten it.
Changing Yahoo! Account Password on Android
Yahoo! is one of the world’s most popular and well-known online platforms that offers a wide range of services, including search, email, news, finance, etc.
If you are wondering how to change your Yahoo! password on Android, here are two step-by-step methods to help you update your account security option without any trouble.
Method #1: From the Yahoo! Mail app
Yahoo! offers a dedicated mobile app, which you can download from Google Play Store on your Android device. After installing Yahoo! Mail, do the following steps to change your account password.
- Launch the Yahoo! Mail app on your Android device.
- Enter your username and password in the required fields to log in to your Yahoo! account.
- Go to “Profile” or “Menu” > “Manage Account” > “Account Info“.
- Tap the “Security Settings” option. You will be asked for the password, fingerprint, or other security option available on your Android device.
- Choose the “Change Password” option and tap “I would rather change my password“.
- Type your new password in the required box and confirm it again.
- Tap the “Continue” button to change your password.
Yahoo! also offers a two-step authentication option. To enable it, go to the “Account Info” option under the “Menu” and head to the “Security Settings” option. Toggle the button next to the two-step verification option. Log out of your account, sign in again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Method #2: From the Official Yahoo! Website
Yahoo!’s official website has a user-friendly interface and can be used to change your account password using your Android device quickly with the following steps.
- Launch a browser on your phone, and go to the Yahoo! website.
- Type your Yahoo! username and password, and tap the “Sign In” option.
- Tap your account avatar at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” option to go to the Yahoo! Mail page.
- Select the “Account Info” option.
- Tap the “Account Security” option from the left pane.
- Select “Change Password” and type your new password in the required field.
- Confirm the password by typing it again in the following field.
- Tap the “Continue” option to confirm your new password.
Once the password is confirmed, you can start signing in to your account using the new password. Go to the Yahoo! Mail login screen, type your account username and the new password, and tap “Sign In“.
Reset Password for Yahoo! Email Account
If you have forgotten your Yahoo! account password, don’t panic; here is a quick method to help you reset your password and change it to a new one.
- Launch the Yahoo! Mail app or go to the Yahoo! website on your Android browser.
- Type your username on the sign-in page and tap the “Next” button.
- You will be asked to enter your password; tap the “Forgot Password” option.
- Yahoo! will offer to send a reset link to your contact option (i.e., email or phone). This option depends on what you have configured in your account.
- Yahoo! will offer to send a reset link to your email or a code to your phone.
- Choose any one of the options: tap the reset link or type in the code received on the phone.
- Type the new password you want to use and confirm it.
- You can now log in to your Yahoo! account using the new password.
Set a strong password with a mix of upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters. This will help keep your account secure as hackers won’t be able to guess it easily.
In this guide about changing Yahoo! passwords on Android, we discussed two methods you can follow to update the password and make your account secure. We’ve also explained resetting your Yahoo! account password if you have forgotten it.