Are you looking to clean your dirty BenQ monitor because the dust and stickiness give you the ick? Luckily, you can make your monitor as good as new without damaging it.
To clean a BenQ monitor, press the “Power” button to turn off the screen. Take a screen cleaning brush and use a side-to-side motion to remove dust particles.
To help you with this task, we have written a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to clean a BenQ monitor.
- Cleaning a BenQ Monitor
- Things You Should Not Do While Cleaning a BenQ Monitor
- Frequently Asked Questions
Cleaning a BenQ Monitor
If you’re struggling with cleaning a BenQ monitor, our 7 step-by-step methods will help you do this without damaging the screen.
Method #1: Using a Screen Cleaning Brush
If you only want to clean the dust off your BenQ monitor, use a screen cleaning brush with the following steps.
- Press the “Power” button to turn off the BenQ monitor and disconnect the power cord.
- Take a screen cleaning brush.
- Swipe it in an up-and-down motion on the monitor to clean the dust off of your BenQ monitor!
Method #2: Using a Microfiber Cloth
Using a microfiber cloth, you can also clean a BenQ monitor using the following steps.
- Power off the BenQ monitor and disconnect the power cord from the main power outlet.
- Take a microfiber cloth and fold it in quarters.
- Use a circular motion to clean dust and debris off your BenQ monitor!
Method #3: Using Soft Cleaning Tissues
Another way to get rid of dust particles to clean a BenQ monitor is by using soft cleaning tissues with these steps.
- Turn off the BenQ monitor using the “Power” button.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Get a soft cleaning tissue.
- Alternate between side-to-side and circular motions to gently clean the dust particles on your BenQ computer!
Method #4: Using a Damp Cloth
If you want to clean fingerprints off your BenQ monitor, use a damp cloth with the following steps.
- Hit the “Power” button to turn off the BenQ monitor and disconnect the power cord.
- Use a screen cleaning brush to wipe off the dust particles.
- Dampen a soft cloth with lukewarm water.
- Ensure the cloth is not dripping in water.
- Use gentle pressure to clean your BenQ monitor in a circular motion to eliminate fingerprints!
Method #5: Using Screen Cleaning Wipes
With the following steps, you can also use screen cleaning wipes to clean oil residue and fingerprints off the BenQ monitor.
- Power off the BenQ monitor and unplug the power cord from the main wall outlet.
- Take out a screen cleaning wipe.
- Ensure the wipes are pre-moistened and alcohol-free to avoid screen damage.
- Use a circular motion to clean your BenQ monitor gently!
Method #6: Using a Screen Cleaning Roller
Another way to clean BenQ monitors is using a screen cleaning roller with the following steps.
- Press the “Power” button to turn off your BenQ monitor and disconnect the power cord.
- Get a screen cleaning roller and ensure it does not have debris or dust on its surface.
- Use a light hand to move the roller up and down over your BenQ monitor to clean it quickly!
Method #7: Using Ethanol
If you have a glossy BenQ monitor, you can also use Ethanol to clean it with the following steps.
- Turn off your BenQ monitor and unplug it from the main wall.
- Take a microfiber towel and lightly spray some Ethanol on it.
- Ensure to use a small amount of Ethanol to avoid screen damage.
- Use circular motions with light pressure to clean your glossy BenQ Monitor without hassle!
Things You Should Not Do While Cleaning a BenQ Monitor
When cleaning a BenQ monitor, there are certain things you should avoid at all costs, including the following.
- Do not use Isopropyl Alcohol, soaps, or detergents to clean the BenQ monitor, as they can cause severe damage to the screen.
- Do not spray water or cleaning sprays directly onto the monitor, as it can damage the hardware components of your BenQ monitor.
- Avoid applying force on your BenQ monitor.
- Do not use Ethanol on a matte finish BenQ monitor.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive materials like paper towels to clean a BenQ monitor.
In this guide, we’ve discussed cleaning a BenQ monitor using a screen cleaning brush, microfiber cloth, computer cleaning tissues, damp cloth, screen cleaning wipes, screen cleaning roller, and ethanol.
Hopefully, your question is answered, and you can now make your BenQ monitor squeaky clean and as good as new!
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, house or glass cleaners contain hydrogen peroxide, which can be hazardous for BenQ monitor screens. Therefore, it is recommended not to use harsh detergents to clean a BenQ monitor.