Has the glass panel on your PC accumulated a lot of dirt over the years, ruining all its aesthetic? Thankfully, cleaning it is not as much work as it seems.
To clean your PC’s glass panel, safely remove it first. Next, mix a few drops of dish soap into some water to create a foamy solution. Dip a microfiber cloth into the mixture and start rubbing it on the tempered glass panel. Clean the glass thoroughly, but not roughly, from both sides. Use a dry and clean microfiber towel to remove all the soap and get a crystal-clear glass panel.
To help make things easier, we have written an extensive guide on how clean your PC’s glass panel with quick and easy-to-follow instructions. We will also discuss how to remove the glass panel before you try cleaning it.
Removing the PC Glass Panel
Before you start cleaning the tempered glass panel of your PC, you need to safely remove it in the following way to ensure that you don’t hurt yourself or damage your computer.
- Shut down your computer.
- Remove the cables from the power outlet.
- Disconnect all wires from the CPU and the power supply unit.
- Remove the thumbscrews to disconnect the glass panel from your PC while supporting it with one hand.
- Move all your equipment and supplies to a room with good airflow.
Cleaning the PC Glass Panel
If you don’t know how to clean your PC’s glass panel, our following 6 step-by-step methods will help you accomplish this task with minimal effort.
Method #1: Using Dish Soap
One of the most common and effective ways to clean the glass panel on your PC is to mix any dish soap with water to clean with in the following way.
- Mix a few drops of dish soap in water to create a foamy solution.
- Take a microfiber cloth and dip it into the soap solution.
- Thoroughly rub both sides of the glass panel with the fabric.
- Make sure not to be rough to avoid scratching.
- Remove the soap and clean the glass panel with a dry cloth.
Method #2: Using Vinegar
A vinegar solution can quickly help you thoroughly clean your PC’s glass panel using these steps.
- Pour a little bit of vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with some water and shake the solution.
- Spray the mixture onto both sides of the glass panel.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to rub the panel in a circular motion.
- Don’t apply pressure to avoid damaging the glass panel.
Once the panel is clean enough, you can reinstall it as you removed it.
Method #3: Using Baking Soda
To clean the tempered glass on your computer, create a solution of baking soda and water and use it in the following way.
- Take some water in a bowl.
- Add enough baking powder to create a foamy solution.
- Put a few drops of this mixture onto the glass panel.
- Use a microfiber cloth to rub the mixture all over the glass.
- Repeat the process on the other side of the glass.
Use a towel or a clean cloth to remove the mixture and dry the glass panel.
Method #4: Using Alcohol
You can clean the glass panel of your PC using isopropyl alcohol easily by performing these steps.
- Pour a little 70% pure isopropyl alcohol into a bowl.
- Add some distilled water to the bowl to create a mixture.
- Add a few drops of the mixture onto the glass panel.
- Rub the mixture thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.
- Refrain from applying pressure to avoid scratching the surface.
Make sure to dry off the panel with a clean towel after you’re done.
Method #5: Using Glass Cleaner
If your computer’s glass panel has gathered a lot of gunk and dirt over the years, clean it using cleaner to make it look brand new and remove all its grease.
- Use a damp microfiber cloth to wet the glass panel surface.
- Spray a little bit of glass cleaner onto a paper towel.
- Rub the paper towel on the surface of the glass panel.
- Take a clean microfiber cloth and lightly wet it using water.
- Clean the tempered glass with the cloth and then dry it with a paper towel.
Method #6: Using Shampoo
With the foamy mixture of shampoo and water, you can quickly clean the tempered glass panel on your computer using these steps.
- Take a few drops of shampoo, mix it with water, and transfer the solution to a spray bottle.
- Lightly spray the glass surface with the solution.
- Use a microfiber cloth to spread the mixture evenly and rub it.
- Dry the glass with a dry paper towel.
You can reinstall the glass panel as you removed it after it’s clean.
In this guide, we have discussed how to clean your PC’s glass panel. We have also discussed safely removing the glass panel from your computer.
Hopefully, your questions have been answered, and your glass panel is as good as new.