If you own a Surface Pro, you must have noticed the durability of the Alcantara material used on the keyboard. Regardless of the high-end quality, you still need to clean the keyboard to keep it in the same working condition.
To clean the Surface Pro keyboard, make a mild liquid soap and water mixture or isopropyl alcohol and soapy water. Next, dampen a lint-free cloth in the mix, rub the surface, and air-dry. To clean stubborn stains, use a glass cleaner or a combination of lemon juice and lukewarm water.
We have written a comprehensive guide for you and covered everything from why you should clean your Surface Pro keyboard, some methods for efficient cleaning, and how you can get rid of different stubborn stains.
Why Clean Surface Pro Keyboard
Here are a few reasons to clean the Surface Pro Alcantara keyboard.
- Enhance the keyboard’s performance.
- Avoid sickness by getting rid of germs.
- Give the keyboard and laptop a cleaner look.
- Increase the lifespan of the keyboard.
Methods for Cleaning a Surface Pro Keyboard
If you are wondering how to clean a Surface Pro keyboard, here are our 4 step-by-step methods to help you do this task without much trouble.
Method #1: Using a Lint-Free Cloth
Usually, when it comes to cleaning surfaces, lint-free cloth is the best thing to go for as it keeps the cover from getting stained during the cleaning process. Follow these steps to clean your keyboard using a lint-free piece of cloth and warm water.
- Add water and mild liquid soap into a bowl.
- Take a lint-free cloth and dip it into the mixture.
- Gently wipe your keyboard down with a damp cloth.
- Air-dry the keyboard.
For hard stains, add lemon juice to lukewarm water. Dip the cloth into the mixture and apply it to the keyboard.
Method #2: Using a Fiber Cloth
One of the simplest methods of cleaning a keyboard is using a fiber cloth.
- Damp half the fiber cloth with water and keep the other half dry.
- Clean the entire surface of the keyboard with the damp fiber cloth.
- Now, take the dry part of the cloth and rub it all over the surface to dry it out.
Be careful while wetting the piece of cloth, and make sure not to pour a lot of water as this can damage the keyboard’s surface.
Method #3: Using Alcohol and Soapy Water
You can use a mixture of soapy water and isopropyl alcohol to clean your Surface Pro keyboard.
- Take a clean cloth and make sure that it has no dirt or debris.
- Take a bowl, pour some water into it, and add a bit of soap from your soap dispenser into the bowl.
- Mix the soap well into the water to make a soapy mixture.
- Dip the tip of a clean cloth in isopropyl alcohol and clean your keyboard’s keys and surface.
- Rub the whole surface with a cloth dipped in soapy water.
- Clean it off with a clean damp cloth.
- Use a dry cloth to dry the surface.
Never use alcohol or any other disinfectant directly on the Alcantara surface, as it can ruin the material.
Method #4: Using a Glass Cleaner
Another effective method for cleaning the keyboard surface is using a glass cleaner. Here are the steps you need to follow in cleaning the keypad.
- Locate and purchase a glass cleaner. You can use the same spray you apply on your windows.
- Remove the spray cap from the bottle to prevent the surface from getting stained.
- Find a clean cloth and fold it four times.
- Flip the glass cleaner bottle while it’s covered with the fabric to get a dab of liquid on the cloth.
- Rub the cloth over the surface of the keyboard.
- Dry the keyboard using a dry cloth.
Let the keypad air-dry and avoid touching it again and again as it can leave fingerprints on the surface.
In this write-up on cleaning the surface pro keyboard, we have explored 4 simple methods for getting rid of any dirt trapped in your keyboard.
Hopefully, one of these methods has worked for you, and now you can enjoy a seamless typing experience due to clean keys. Keep using these methods now and then to save your keypad and its cover from getting greasy.
Frequently Asked Questions
For performing a cleanup under the keys on your keyboard, take off an inch of tape and fold it in half such that the non-sticky sides are facing each other and the sticky sides are outward. Slid the tape underneath the edges of keys and rub to and fro a few times. Repeat this procedure till all the keys are functioning correctly.