Have you been using your Apple Watch for a long time and now want to clean the dirt and stubborn stains stuck on the back? Fortunately, cleaning the back of the Apple Watch is not that complicated.
To clean the back of the Apple Watch, turn it off from the side button and disconnect the charger. Take a soft microfiber cloth and use it for cleaning. If dirt is stuck on the back of your Apple Watch, slightly dampen the cloth and clean with it. Gently rub the back with a dry cloth afterward.
We took the time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to clean the back of your Apple Watch. We will also explore the process of polishing the back of your gadget to remove minor scratches.
Cleaning the Back of an Apple Watch
If you don’t know how to clean the back of your Apple Watch, our following 3 step-by-step methods will help you do this task easily.
Method #1: Cleaning With Water
You can clean the back of the Apple Watch under running water for a few seconds or by using a damp cloth. Follow these steps to remove dirt from your device.
- Press and hold the side button of your Apple Watch.
- Turn off the watch by swiping the “Power off” option from left to right.
- Remove both bands of your Apple Watch.
- Use a soft microfiber cloth and gently clean the back.
- If grime or dirt is stuck, slightly dampen the cloth and clean the back.
Still, seeing the stains? Place your Apple Watch under lukewarm water for 10-15 seconds and dry with a microfiber cloth afterward.
Your device should not be connected to the charger while cleaning.
Method #2: Cleaning With Cotton Buds
Follow these steps to clean accumulated bacteria and grim from the back of your Apple Watch with a cotton bud.
- Long-press the side buttons to turn off your device.
- Disconnect the charger and remove the straps of your Apple Watch.
- Take a cotton bud and thin out its ends.
- Dip the ends in water.
- Use the wet cotton bud to clean the back of your Apple Watch.
To remove the straps, you can press the buttons on either side of the face of your Apple Watch. The straps will conveniently slide out.
Now, your Apple Watch will look super clean from the back.
Method #3: Cleaning With Isopropyl Alcohol
If you cannot remove grease from your Apple Watch with water, you can use Isopropyl alcohol in the following way.
- Switch off your Apple Watch.
- Remove the charger and take out the straps.
- Spray the Isopropyl alcohol at the back of your device and let it stay there for a few seconds.
- Take a microfiber cloth and wipe off loose dust from your Apple watch.
- Spray a little Isopropyl alcohol on the back of your device.
- Dip a cotton bud in Isopropyl alcohol and use it to clean the edges of the ring around the sensor.
You can also use disinfectant wipes to clean the back of the Apple Watch.
After completing these steps, wipe the back of your Apple Watch with a microfiber cloth again.
How To Polish the Back of an Apple Watch
If you wear your Apple Watch daily, you must have noticed micro scratches on the back. The body of the Apple Watch is made of stainless steel, so scratches appear when it rubs against our skin and hair on the wrist.
To polish the back of your Apple Watch, turn it off and follow these steps to give your gadget a shiny new look.
- Wear gloves on your hands.
- Clean your Apple Watch with a microfiber cloth.
- Gently rub the polishing cloth back and forth to clean the back avoiding contact with the sensors.
- You can see the residue on the polishing cloth rubbed out from your Apple Watch’s back.
You can repeat the abovementioned steps on the required area for stubborn scratches. You can also use polishing creams for cleaning, but they may get into gaps or crevices on your Apple Watch.
In this guide about how to clean the back of the Apple Watch, we’ve discussed several methods for removing dirt and grease with water, cotton buds, and Isopropyl alcohol. We’ve also discussed a method for polishing the back of the Apple Watch to remove any micro scratches.
Hopefully, the information provided in this article helped you clean the back of your device, and now you can make your Apple Watch look new.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot shower with your Apple Watch because it is water resistant but lacks waterproof ability. Thus, completely submerging the Apple Watch in water during swimming, showering, etc., can cause damage.