Every website and application on the world wide web uses the cache to store information to reduce loading time and ensure an optimal browsing experience.
However, despite the speed and efficiency that caches add to your web surfing experience, they could ultimately slow down your computer if they are damaged or corrupted. Should this happen, you’ll want to clear your browser caches to solve this issue.
Fortunately, all web browsers feature a straightforward option to delete the cache that they have stored. However, doing so will clear the cache for all the websites in the web browser. This might be counterproductive as you might want to delete the cache for only one website.
Deleting cache for a specific website can be tricky if you don’t know how to go about it. Don’t stress about that. In this short how-to guide, we’ll discuss how to clear cache for one website on various web browsers.
Clearing the cache for a specific website helps you fix browsing issues relative to that website without having to wipe your browser’s cache database.
We’ve put together simple and straightforward steps you can follow to clear cache for different browsers since the method is unique for each browser.
How To Clear Cache for One Website on Google Chrome
To clear cache for a specific website on Google Chrome, here’s how:
- On your Google Chrome, click on the Menu icon – the three dots stacked vertically at the top right corner of your screen.
- In the menu drop-down, select Settings.
- In the Settings windows, under the Privacy header, scroll down till you locate the Content Settings option, then click it.
- Select Cookies > See all Cookies and site data.
- Type the website name in the search bar in the expanded window to locate it.
- Click on Remove all under the search bar to clear all the cached data for the website.
- In the dialogue prompt that pops up, click Yes.
- All the cache data will be deleted.
Alternatively, to clear specific website data cache, here’s how:
- Open the website in your Chrome browser.
- Click on the padlock icon beside the refresh icon at the address bar.
- In the expanded window, under the Advanced header, select Cookies, a new window will pop up.
- In the new cookies in use window, expand one site, then choose a cookie.
- Click the Remove button to clear the cache.
How To Clear Cache for One Website on Microsoft Edge
To clear cache for a specific website on Microsoft Edge, here’s how:
- Open the target website on your Microsoft Edge browser.
- In the open webpage, press the F12 button on your keyboard.
- A new window will pop up, select the network header, then press Ctrl” + “R” simultaneously.
- The page will refresh with the cache cleared.
How To Clear Cache for One Website on Firefox
To clear cache for a specific website on firefox, here’s how:
- Open your Firefox browser and access the Options icon – three short horizontal lines stacked vertically at the top right corner of your screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select Options.
- In the options menu, select Privacy and Security.
- Navigate to the bottom of the window, then click Manage Data under the Cookies and Data heading.
- In the expanded window, navigate through the list of websites to select the target website.
- Click on Remove Selected.
- In the ensuing prompt, select Yes. The cache will be cleared.
You can locate a specific website to clear the cache by using the search bar in the Manage data window.
How To Clear Cache for One Website on Opera
To clear cache for a specific website on Opera, here’s how:
- Open the target website on your Opera browser.
- Click on the padlock/globe icon beside the refresh icon at the address bar.
- In the expanded window, select Cookies, a new window will pop up.
- In the new window, expand the website, then select cookies.
- Click Delete and then click Done. This will clear all the website cache
How To Clear Cache for One Website on Safari
To clear cache for a specific website on Safari, here’s how:
- Open your Safari web browser.
- Select the gear icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Preferences > Privacy tab.
- Select Details.
- Navigate to the target website and select it.
- Click Remove. This will clear all website Cache.
This guide discussed how to clear the cache for one website on various web browsers. The steps vary depending on your web browser, but the general idea remains the same.
With this guide, you now know how to clear the cache for a specific website without erasing all your cache history. We hope we’ve been able to answer all your questions about clearing cache on a single webpage on your browser so that you can quickly go back to surfing the internet seamlessly.