The Facebook cache includes page links you have watched and your activity within the app. You may have given Facebook the full storage permissions on your iPhone, so you have to clear the Facebook cache to run your iPhone efficiently.
You have to learn how to delete or clear the Facebook cache to solve this problem. We will provide you with 3 different methods to clear the Facebook cache on your iPhone. The methods include deleting the Facebook cache from the app and the browser.
Walkthrough the article with us and have the best possible solutions to your problems about clearing the Facebook cache.
What is Facebook Cache?
Facebook cache on iPhone is a record of the pages you’ve visited, all the links you’ve opened on Facebook, and your other activity within the Facebook app.
With time, your iPhone storage will fill with it, and you may have some problems related to the speed and performance of your device. So the best way to cope with this issue is to clear or delete the Facebook cache.
The benefits of clearing the Facebook cache:
- Phone storage will remain consistent.
- The device becomes faster and quicker to use.
To help you clear the Facebook cache on your iPhone, we will provide you with the best methods.
How to Clear Facebook Cache on iPhone?
You can clear the Facebook cache on your iPhone within the app, using the Setting app, or clearing the browser cache. The procedure for each solution is listed below.
Solution #1: Clear Facebook Cache Within the App
You can quickly clear the Facebook cache from the app’s settings. The procedure is as follows:
- Make sure you have logged in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy”.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Open the “Browser” folder from the long list of items.
- Tap on “Clear” next to the “Your Browsing Data” label and all your in-app cached files will erase.
Solution #2: Clear Facebook Cache from the Browser
If you are using Facebook on a browser, you have to delete the cache of Facebook from the browser.
To clear the cache from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Click on “Settings” and tap on “Security and Privacy.”
- Tap on “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Tap on “See all cookies and site data.”
- Delete all cookies related to the Facebook site.
To clear the cache from Safari, follow the given instructions:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open “Safari.”
- Tap on “Advanced.”
- Select “Website Data.”
- Tap on “Edit,” minus the Facebook from the list.
Solution #3: Clear Facebook Cache by Deleting the App
Suppose you still have a complete storage problem due to the Facebook cache. In that case, you should try the method of deleting the Facebook application from your iPhone.
Follow these steps to clear Facebook data by deleting the app:
- Open “Settings.”
- Tap on “General” from the list.
- Open “iPhone Storage.”
- Select “Facebook” from all applications.
- Tap on “Delete App” and uninstall Facebook from your iPhone.
Other than that, you can press and hold the Facebook icon. Click on “Remove App.”
- Reinstall the Facebook App from App Store. Log in to your account. All Facebook Cache is now clear.
So these are the three different solutions you can use to clear the Facebook cache on your iPhone.
The Facebook cache may harm your device by upsetting your iPhone’s speed and performance. So clearing or deleting the Facebook cache is essential for iPhone’s maintenance.
It is important to note that deleting the Facebook cache will not result in a reset. Your data will remain saved even after you delete the Facebook cache. Deleting the cache will only clear the cached files, including photos, posts, and data.