The Instagram cache saves your Instagram search history and hashtags, and clearing it means losing that data. However, it can be pretty handy to clear often the Instagram cache for the app’s functionality and your privacy.
To clear the Instagram cache on Android, go to Settings > “Storage” > “Other Apps” > “Instagram” > “Clear Cache“. You can also clear your cache by uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram and clearing Instagram history from your device’s app or web browser.
We’ll discuss why it is essential to clear the Instagram cache and how to clear the Instagram cache on Android with our easy step-by-step instructions.
- Why It Is Important To Clear Cache on Android
- Clearing Instagram Cache on Android
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why It Is Important To Clear Cache on Android
It is essential to clear the Instagram cache on Android for multiple reasons, and here are a few of them.
- To protect your personal information.
- To free up space and give room to other data.
- To increase the speed and performance of your Instagram app.
Clearing Instagram Cache on Android
Don’t know how to clear the Instagram cache on Android? Our 4 step-by-step methods will help you eliminate junk cache without wasting time.
Method #1: Using Settings App
The Settings app on Android can clear the Instagram cache in no time. Here is how.
- Open your phone and launch Settings.
- Select the “Apps Management“, “Apps & Notifications“, or “Apps” section.
- Locate and tap on “Instagram“.
- Select “Storage“.
- Tap on the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data“.
The Clear Cache icon will gray out, and the space used will drop down to 0 B.
If you download images or videos from Instagram, save them, as clearing the cache will delete them.
Method #2: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the App
Uninstalling the app clears the cache and other data the app has consumed while reinstalling will download the app without that data. Here is how.
- Open your phone and go to the Settings app.
- Tap on “Apps and Notification” > “App Info“.
- Scroll down the list to find the Instagram app and tap it.
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the app and clear the cache.
- Go to Google Play Store to reinstall Instagram.
You can also uninstall Instagram from the home screen by long-pressing the app until a trash can icon appears. Drag Instagram from the application field to the trash to remove it.
Method #3: Clearing Instagram Cache Within the App
This method will not clear the whole Instagram cache; however, it will remove the app’s search history. Here is how.
- Open your Instagram app and tap on your Instagram profile icon at the bottom left.
- Tap the hamburger menu on the profile page in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings > “Security“.
- Tap the “Search History” option.
- Instagram will open your search history page; tap “Clear All“.
Method #4: Clearing Instagram History From Your Browser on Android
You can also clear your Instagram history using the web browser on your device. Here is how.
- Open the web browser on your Android device and go to the Instagram website.
- Tap on your profile picture icon at the bottom left.
- Tap on Settings > “Privacy and Security” > “View Account Data“.
- Go to the “Account Activity” section; under “Search History“, tap “View All“.
- Tap “Clear Search History” and select “Yes, I’m sure” to clear the search cache.
In this guide on clearing the Instagram cache on Android, we have discussed the importance of getting rid of an enormous cache and how it is possible to do it using multiple methods.
Hopefully, after clearing the Instagram cache, you can free up some space on your phone. Thank you for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Instagram feed is not refreshing, check your internet connection, re-login to Instagram, and make sure you have enough space in your device for Instagram to store new data and refresh.
Also, if your app has not been updated to the latest version, or you have put incorrect time and date on your phone, it can prevent the app from updating and refreshing.
To add music to your Instagram story, open the app and swipe left from the feed’s home screen to open the Stories feature. Next, take or select the photo or video you want to post to your story. In the menu bar, tap the square smiley face icon. Tap the “Music” option in the pop-up menu.
In the search box, type the song name or scroll through the listed options. Tap on the song you want to include and drag the small bar at the bottom of the screen to the segment of the music you want on your story.