Running out of storage space is a challenge you may face if you like keeping many items on your Android device. To fix this issue, you need to know its primary causes. Do you receive voicemails on your device? This can be why you don’t have enough storage space. But you can deal with the situation by clearing unnecessary voicemails. So, how do you clear voicemail on Android?
Ideally, there are several methods of clearing voicemails on Android. The easiest ways include using the Visual Voicemail app, the Settings app, factory reset, and the Caller app.
You should understand that your Android version will determine your steps toward clearing voicemails. Notwithstanding, methods such as using the Caller app and the Visual Voicemail app are similar to all the models.
Sit back and learn as we uncover the methods you can adopt to clear voicemail on your Android device.
4 Methods To Clear Voicemail on Android
Below are the common methods you can explore when you need to remove voicemails on your Android to free some space.
If you don’t want to clear your voicemails, you can opt for the option of privatizing some specific conversations.
Method #1: Use the Visual Voicemail App
The Visual Voicemail app is a straightforward method you can adopt on most Android phones. Nonetheless, where the app is will vary depending on the model you are using.
Here’s how to clear voicemail using the Visual Voicemail app.
- Go to the Visual Voicemail app and tap on it to see all the voicemail history.
- Hit the icon that looks like a triangle to listen to the voicemail. It’s advisable that you listen before clearing.
- Press and hold on to the specific voicemail for selection.
- Tap the Trash bin on the screen at the bottom right to delete the voicemail. You can clear multiple voicemails by pressing and holding on to a voicemail and clicking on the rest after selecting the first one.
Method #2: Use the Phone’s Settings App
The use of your Phone’s Settings app is ideal in certain situations. While trying to clear voicemail on your Android, you may face a technical glitch. Consequently, the deletion process may fail even after trying multiple times. If this occurs, your device’s Settings app can be the way out.
Here’s how to clear voicemail using the phone’s Settings app.
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down to “General” and click on it. Then, hit the “Apps” option.
- Click on the “Visual Voicemail” option.
- Press the “Clear Data” button on the screen at the bottom left and see all the data within the Visual Voicemail app cleared.
Method #3: Through Factory Reset
If you cannot clear voicemails manually through the app, it may be that your device has a virus. Virus invasion is a critical situation that requires a more advanced method—factory resetting the device.
It’s advisable to back up your important data before factory resetting your device to clear voicemails. A factory reset will erase every data from your device and make it feel new again.
Here’s how to clear voicemail on Android through a factory reset.
- Launch the device’s Settings app.
- Locate the “Additional Settings” button in the “Apps” option.
- Scroll down to the “Factory Reset” option.
- Hit your preferred item to erase data for. You can, alternatively, clear all data by pressing the “Erase All Data” button at the bottom of the screen.
Method #4: Use the Caller App
The Caller app appears to be the easiest and fastest method to clear voicemails. After ascertaining that the app is free from bugs or viruses, you should opt for it. Besides, it’s great if you don’t feel like using a Visual Voicemail app or going with the idea of hard resetting your device to clear the data.
Here’s how to clear voicemail on Android using the Caller app.
- Find and click the Caller app on your device’s home screen.
- Hit the option at the bottom of the screen to go to the “Voicemail” tab.
- Choose the preferred voicemail to clear. It’s advisable that you listen to the voicemail for confirmation before clearing it.
- Press and hold the voicemail after confirming that it’s the right one to delete.
- Hit the Trash bin icon to remove the voicemail.
You can decide to clear multiple voicemails by selecting them at once. Do this by pressing and holding one of the voicemails. After this, select other voicemails to clear them at the same time.
Clearing voicemail on Android is not rocket science. If you know the suitable method and the proper steps, you can free some space on your device in no time. This article has done justice to this. You can pick any explained methods and remove the voicemail without technical skills.