Do you want to share a funny video with your friends during a party? You easily mirror or cast your screen on your Roku TV for a shared viewing experience. You can share your Android, Windows, or Apple device screens on your Roku TV with simple steps.
- Setting Up Your Roku TV for Sharing With Android & Windows Phones
- For Android Phones
- For Windows Phones
- Setting Up Your Roku TV for Sharing With iPhone
- Setting up your iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Setting Up Your Roku TV for Sharing With Android & Windows Phones
- In the navigation bar on the left, click on the “Settings” option.
- Now, select the “Screen Mirroring” option and click on “Enable Screen Mirroring.”
For Android Phones
Method #1: Using Built-In Screen Mirroring Function
While connecting your Android screen to the Roku TV, make sure both devices are on the same network. Then follow the steps below:
- On your Android phone, go to “Settings” and tap on “Display.”
- Now click on “Cast Screen,” followed by the “Menu” button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Here, select the “Enable Wireless Display” box by clicking on the checkmark.
- Your Roku will now show in the “Cast Screen” section.
- Simply click on the Roku stick or box and select to connect to it.
If the device doesn’t reflect the first time, go back to “Settings” and open “Cast Screen” again until you see the Roku device.
Method #2: Using the Roku App
Another method to mirror your screen onto your Roku TV is using Roku’s custom Android app. Install the Roku app from the Google Play store and follow the steps below.
- First, sign in to your Roku account and click on the “Devices” option on the screen.
- Here, select the “Roku TV” option and let your device connect.
- Now click on the “Media” option. Under this, you will get “Music, Photos, and Videos.“
- Next, select the files you want to share and press the “Play” button.
Method #3: Using Third-Party Apps
You can even use third-party apps to mirror your screen on Roku TV. Let us see how to connect to Roku TV using the Screen Mirroring app for Roku. Install the app from the Google play store on your Android device.
- Open the app and click on the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Ignore all the ads in between and select the Roku TV device to connect.
- You will get a pop-up asking you to start screen recording or casting with Screen Mirror.
- Select the “Start Now” option to automatically mirror your Android screen to your Roku TV.
In case you do not have an in-built screen sharing option on your Android device, you can use any third-party apps to mirror your Android screen.
For Windows Phones
Only some Windows phones like the HTC One M8 or Nokia Lumia 1520 support the Miracast app for sharing. Standard Roku devices use Miracast for sharing.
- On your Windows phone, go to “Settings.”
- Click on “Project My Screen” and select the Roku device to start screen sharing.
Apart from Windows and Android phones, we can also connect iPhones to Roku TV. We need the AirPlay function to carry out the sharing feature. Let’s further discuss the steps to do this.
Setting Up Your Roku TV for Sharing With iPhone
Before configuring your iPhone to connect to a Roku TV, enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku TV. Certain Roku devices support AirPlay, such as Roku Streambar and Roku Premier. Here are the steps to set up AirPlay on your Roku TV:
- Select the house-shaped “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Now, go to the menu bar on the left-hand side of the screen by pressing the left arrow button.
- By pressing the up arrow button and then “Ok,” you can select the “Settings” option.
- Here, scroll down to “Apple AirPlay and Homekit” and press “Ok” on your remote to select it.
- Now, check the Airplay option here. If it is off, click on it to switch it on.
You can even add other features like asking Siri to turn off the TV or asking for a code every time an iPhone device wants to connect to the TV.
The Airplay option works on Roku OS 9.4, so make sure the software is updated to this version.
Setting up your iPhone
Before connecting to the Roku TV, you need to set up your iPhone and configure a code.
- First, open the “Control Center” on your iPhone.
- In the control center, click the option for “Screen Mirroring.” The icon looks like two rectangles stacked on each other.
- Now, a list of Roku devices will appear; select the option for “Roku TV.”
- Once you select a device, a 4-digit Airplay passcode will be displayed on your TV.
- Enter this code on your iPhone and click on “Ok.”
- Your iPhone screen will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Anytime you want to stop mirroring, simply select the “Screen Mirroring” option on the control center of your phone and “Stop Mirroring.”
You can easily mirror iPhones to Roku TV using the screen mirror function. Only certain Roku TVs which support the Airplay feature can be used here. For Android and Windows phones, connect using the Screen Mirroring option on the Roku TV. Windows phones specifically need the Miracast app to be installed to connect. All the connecting devices must be present on the same Wi-Fi system while connecting. If not, you will face errors while mirroring.
Frequently Asked Questions
First, check if you are on the same Wi-Fi network. Next, try checking if you have the latest updates on your phone and Roku device. If not, update it from the Google Play store. Finally, try restarting both the devices.
Some of the best Android apps for mirroring your screen on Roku TV are Smart View, Google Home, Quick Connect, and AllShare Cast.