Worried that you may need separate earphones for your Chromebook? That’s not needed anymore.
Now, you can easily connect your Apple Airpods to your Google Chromebook using Bluetooth. This makes it easy to use your AirPods on both your Mac and Google Chromebook devices.
You just need to follow the steps below.
Connecting Apple AirPods to Google Chromebook Using Bluetooth
- Next to the battery icon in the bottom right-hand corner on your Chromebook, you will find the network icon – click on it.
- Now check if Bluetooth is ‘ON’ on your Chromebook. If it’s off, switch it on.
- Next, click on the Bluetooth icon. Your Chromebook will start scanning for devices to pair in the area.
- If your AirPods don’t show up in the Bluetooth device list, press down the button behind the AirPods case to make it discoverable.
- Your AirPods will now show up in the Bluetooth device list.
- Select the AirPods option under Bluetooth.
- When the AirPods connect, they will automatically appear in the “Paired devices” list.
This method will work for any other Bluetooth wireless earphones or headphones. All you need to do is bring both devices near each other to make a connection.
Problems While Connecting Chromebook to Your AirPods
Audio skipping despite successful connection
Sometimes, there is an audio lag or skip even though the connection was successful.
In such cases, try the below steps to resolve it:
- In Chrome OS, go to head to
- Click on the “Enable” option.
- Now, you must restart your Chromebook and check to see if the flag is active.
- If not, wait till it does.
- Once the flag is active, the audio issues will be resolved.
Chromebook is not connecting to Airpods
This may happen at times. Due to other devices which have their Bluetooth on, your Airpods may find it difficult to connect to the Chromebook.
To resolve this:
- Switch off the Bluetooth in other devices first.
- Check if the Airpods are connecting to other Bluetooth devices.
- If yes, then the Chromebook may be the problem.
- You can also reset the Airpods – keep the Airpods in their case and press the pair button for 15 seconds to reset them.
There are a few such issues that the Chromebook may face while trying to pair and connect with your Airpods. But by following the above few steps, they can be resolved easily.
Now, it has become straightforward to pair your Airpods to the Google Chromebook using Bluetooth. There is no need to spend a fortune on separate earphones or headphones for your Chromebook.
Simply pair each other via Bluetooth connection, and you are ready to go. Initially, you may even face the issue of audio skipping or during the Bluetooth pairing process itself. But these can be easily resolved by carrying out a few remedial steps like resetting the Airpods or activating NewBlue on your Chrome OS.
Frequently Asked Questions
First, check if your Bluetooth is on. Place your AirPods in their case and open the top. Click on the setup button behind the case until the status light flashes white. Choose your Airpods in the Devices List and select Connect.
The first time also will be the same as the steps highlighted above. Simply click on the network button at the bottom of your Chromebook screen. Check if the Bluetooth is on and scan for devices. Once you find the Airpods in the device list, click on them to begin pairing. Once paired, you can start using your Airpods on your Chromebook.
Initially, check if your Airpods are charged. Now, switch on the Bluetooth of the device you want to pair your Airpods with. If it doesn’t connect, reset the device and try again. If this step doesn’t work too, unpair your Airpod from the Bluetooth device. Then try resetting your Airpods this time. Now, try reconnecting them again.