Want to watch a movie and snuggle on the couch with your favorite blanket? Or binge-watch your favorite television show or the latest Netflix series after studying hard the whole finals week?
You can do this by connecting your AirPods to your LG TV either through the built-in Bluetooth functionality of the TV or by using a third-party product such as a Roku streaming stick or a Fire TV streaming stick. Both options offer different levels of flexibility with the connectivity.
Usually, Apple products offer little to no compatibility with devices that Apple does not manufacture. But AirPods allow you to connect them to different devices that support Bluetooth connectivity, such as your LG TV. But you might ask yourself, how can you connect your AirPods to your LG TV?
Well, look no further because, in this guide, I will tell you exactly how you can connect your AirPods to your LG TV so that you won’t have to increase the volume on your television and risk waking your parents up!
Connect Your AirPods With Your LG Smart TV
There are three easy ways to connect your AirPods to your LG Smart TV for a better streaming experience. Read on below to learn more.
Method #1: Connecting Your AirPods Through the LG TV
If you have an LG Smart TV, such as an LG OLED TV or an LG UHD 4K TV, you will be able to connect your AirPods easily without having to stumble around the menu system much.
Here are the steps to connect your AirPods with your LG TV.
- Bring your AirPods to pairing mode. You can do this by opening the AirPods charging case and holding the button on the front side until the light inside the case blinks, indicating that your AirPods are now in pairing mode.
- On the LG remote, press the “Settings” button and navigate to “LG Sounds Sync/Bluetooth”. You can do this by clicking the “Sound Out” icon and selecting “LG Sounds Sync/Bluetooth”.
- Click “Device Selection”.
- Click your AirPods on the device list. You will see a checkbox beside your device’s name; you can use the checkbox to navigate different Bluetooth devices connected to your television, allowing you to change the audio output easily.
If your LG TV does not have built-in Bluetooth connecting capabilities, you can use other ways to connect your AirPods to your television.
Ensure that your AirPods are in pairing mode. You can do this by holding the key on the charging case until the light inside the case blinks.
Method #2: Connecting Your AirPods Through Roku
Using a Roku streaming device, you can use your AirPods with your LG TV. The process is simple, but you must remember that Roku is a streaming device. So whatever you are streaming through your Roku streaming device, the audio will come through your AirPods. Since your AirPods are connected through Roku and not your television, you will not be able to listen to live television through your earphones.
- Setup your Roku device like you normally would.
- Install the Roku app on your smartphone and connect it.
- Connect your AirPods to your smartphone.
- Select “Headphones” as the audio output from the Roku app.
Method #3: Connecting Your AirPods Through Fire TV
Like Roku, Fire TV is a streaming stick by Amazon. It is another way for you to use your AirPods with your LG TV to watch your favorite television shows. Like Roku, this device also does not allow you to watch live television and works similarly to Roku.
- Setup your Fire TV streaming device like you normally would.
- Go to Settings > “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices”> “Other Bluetooth Devices”.
- Your AirPods should appear here. Click the AirPods for them to connect.
Using this guide, you can now enjoy all your favorite television shows and movies without getting distracted by your surroundings and without having to go through tons of tutorials to try and connect your AirPods to your television.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your AirPods are not showing up in the list of available devices, most likely, your headphones are not in pairing mode. To make your AirPods go into pairing mode, hold the button on the charging case until the light inside the case starts blinking.
If you still cannot see your AirPods in the list, try bringing your AirPods nearer to the device. Often, the earphones are too far away for the TV to catch its signals.
If the above two ways do not fix this problem, try connecting a different pair of wireless earphones. If they can connect, it means your AirPods are malfunctioning; otherwise, your television is causing problems and cannot connect to the AirPods.
LG TV tends to cause connection issues if you have connected four or more Bluetooth devices. First, try unpairing some Bluetooth devices not in use and see if the issue persists. If you continue to face the same issue, try reconnecting your AirPods by unpairing them and establishing the connection again.
After turning your TV on, it may take up to two seconds for your AirPods to play audio from your TV. But if they still are not playing audio after this time, your AirPods might not be selected as the audio output device. If your AirPods are set as the output device, try reconnecting the headphones by unpairing them and connecting them again.