Bose Headphones are pretty famous for their noise-canceling feature, but the pleasing audio experience can quickly fail if you do not know how to use the Bose Headphones correctly. It is easy to link these headphones with your smartphone, but the PC can complicate things.
PC connection requires you to connect the Bose Headphones manually. Here are the steps.
1. Turn on the switch on your Bose Headphones.
2. Turn on the system’s Bluetooth.
3. Pair the device to your PC, and you are all set to enhance the sound experience.
This blog will discuss a step-by-step guide on connecting the Bose Headphones to your PC. We will also tell you how to solve connection failures and a way to switch between paired devices.
If your PC does not have the Bluetooth option, you can still connect your Bose Headphones through an aux cable. However, pair it with a suitable model if you link it wirelessly.
How To Pair Bose Headphones With Windows PC
The following step-by-step process is for a new pair of Bose Headphones. If you have an old pair that has suddenly failed to connect, try resetting the gadget. We will discuss more solutions for fixing Bose Headphones below.
If you have new Bose Headphones, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Turn on the Bluetooth switch. You will hear the words, “Ready To Pair“.
- Locate and tap the Bluetooth icon on your computer.
- Click “Add a Bluetooth Device“.
- Click on the Bose Headphones’ device name when it appears.
When you finish the four steps above, wait for the devices to pair, and you’re all set!
Keep the headphones within the 6-ft. range of your computer. If you are asked for a password before pairing, you can type 0000 as the default password.
What If My Bose Headphones Are Not Working?
Although the Bose headphones have a strong reputation, you may face trouble connecting them to your PC. Here are a few solutions you can try to make them work again.
Method #1: Connect With the Right Device
Firstly, you need to see if you have paired it with a suitable device. There may be two Bose devices on the available Bluetooth pairing devices list. One will appear with a headset icon, while the other will appear with the “LE” prefix. Only connect with the headset or speaker icon.
Method #2: Fix the Default Sound Output
If the above method does not work, there may be a problem with the “Sounds” settings. Check if your default device is set to wireless earphones. Here is how.
- Connect your headphones.
- Right-click on the Sound icon on the taskbar.
- Go to “Sounds” settings.
- Choose the output default device under the “Output” tab.
- Select the Bose Headphones.
Resetting your Bose headphones will not clear any software updates or even your pairing list.
Method #3: Clear the Pairing List
The problem may persist even after you have restarted the Bose Headphones. But you can try clearing the pairing list to ease the connectivity of the headphones. To remove the pairing list of the Bose Headphones, you have two options, and here is the first.
- Turn off your headphones.
- Slide the power button to the right for around 10 seconds.
You will hear “Bluetooth Device List Cleared,” indicating the pairing list is cleared.
If you have the Bose Headphones connected to your smartphone, you can use the Bose Connect Application. Here is what you need to do.
- Download and open the application.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon at the bottom.
- Head to “Connections” > “Edit“.
- Skim through the list showing all paired devices.
- Tap the cross (x) button to unpair devices.
- Select “All Done” to complete the process.
How To Switch Between Paired Devices on Bose Headphones
Bose Headphones can pair with 8 devices simultaneously but allow only two active connections. However, you should note that this does not mean the headphones allow for multiple audio sources.
You can switch by pausing the audio from one device and directly playing it on the other. There is no need to pair repeatedly since the headphones will pair up with the first two devices on its paired list.
Bose Headphones may be hard to connect to a PC, but you will find every solution in this blog. We hope that the guide was helpful, and you can now have a streamlined audio experience with Bose.