Do you want to experience the exceptional sound quality of your Sonos One speaker on Apple TV but don’t know how to connect the two devices? Fortunately, there are easy methods to do so.
To connect Sonos One to an Apple TV, plug in the speaker’s power cord to a power source. Connect the Apple TV box to your AirPlay 2-enabled TV and turn it on. Bring the Apple TV remote closer to the Apple TV box for a few seconds to pair it. Press the “Menu” button on the remote and navigate to Settings > “Video and Audio” > “Audio Output”, and select your Sonos One speakers.
We have created an extensive guide to help you connect your Sonos One speakers to your Apple TV in a few quick steps.
Setting Up Sonos One Speakers
The first thing you need to do after you’ve bought a Sonos One speaker is to set it up in the following way.
- Plug the power cord into the speaker and a power source.
- Place the speaker in your desired location.
- Download the free Sonos app on your iOS device.
- Create a Sonos account and complete the setup process with instructions on the screen.
Connecting Sonos One to an Apple TV
If you don’t know how to connect Sonos One to your Apple TV, you can follow our step-by-step method to do this task without wasting time.
- Connect your Sonos One Speakers to a power source with its cord.
- Connect the Apple TV box to your AirPlay 2-enabled TV and turn it on.
- Bring the Apple TV remote closer to the Apple TV box for a few seconds to pair it.
- Press the “Menu” button on your TV’s remote and navigate to Settings.
- Go to “Video and Audio” > “Audio Output”.
- Under the list of devices, click on your Sonos One speaker to connect with the Apple TV.
Your Sonos One speaker will be instantly and automatically accessible to Apple TV without additional intervention. Ensure that your Apple TV box and TV are compatible with AirPlay 2 and that your Sonos One speakers have been signed up in the app.
Are Your Sonos One Speakers Not Connecting to Your Apple TV?
If you are having problems connecting your Sonos One speaker to Apple TV, try the following fixes to eliminate the problem.
Fix #1: Restart All Devices
Sometimes, a simple restart might be all you need to fix the problem. So go ahead and restart all your devices, including your TV, the Apple TV box, and the Sonos One speaker, and try the methods given above again to connect your Sonos One speaker to Apple TV.
Fix #2: Connect All Devices to the Same Network
All your devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for them to work. So, connect your Apple TV and Sonos One speaker to the same network connection if you haven’t done so previously and check if it solves the problem.
Fix #3: Update Your Sonos One Speaker
Ensure your Sonos One speaker is updated to the latest software to work correctly with these steps.
- Open the Sonos app on your iOS device.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the gear icon to go to Settings.
- Open “System” > “System Updates”.
- Tap “Check for Updates”.
- Install the available updates.
You can also set your Sonos One speaker to update automatically. Go to Settings > “System”. Select “System Updates” and tap the “Update Automatically” toggle to turn it on. Your Sonos One speaker will now update itself whenever new updates are available.
Fix #4: Reboot the Wi-Fi Router
To fix the problem of Sonos One not connecting to Apple TV, follow the given steps to reboot your router.
- Unplug your router and then modem from the power source.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and then router to the power source and see if it fixes the issue.
If none of these methods work, check your Sonos One speaker by connecting them to any other iOS device. If it works fine, then contact Apple Support for further assistance.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to connect Sonos One speaker to AirPlay. We have also discussed the method to set up the Sonos One speaker and troubleshoot the Sonos One speaker not connecting to Apple TV.
Hopefully, with one of these methods, you’ll be able to enjoy your new Sonos speaker setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
To play music, audiobooks, podcasts, and other content from different streaming sources on a Sonos speaker, Wi-Fi is necessary. Without Wi-Fi, the Sonos speaker must have Bluetooth to pair with any compatible device. Only the Sonos Move and Roam speakers have Bluetooth as of right now.