Have you recently bought a Sonos soundbar or speaker and want to use it with your iPhone to listen to your favorite music? Stop searching; we’ll make this process very simple for you.
To connect Sonos to an iPhone, ensure you’re connected to a secure Wi-Fi network. Start by playing your favorite song on an audio streaming app. Now, access the Control Center, tap “Audio Card”, tap the AirPlay icon, and select the Sonos device.
To simplify the process, we took our time to write a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to connect Sonos to your iPhone. We will also discuss a few ways to troubleshoot connectivity issues between your iPhone and Sonos speaker or soundbar.
Connecting Sonos to an iPhone
If you are wondering how to connect Sonos to your iPhone, use our 2 step-by-step methods to guide you through this process quickly.
Method #1: Using AirPlay
To connect Sonos to your iPhone using AirPlay, follow these steps.
- Connect your iPhone to a secure Wi-Fi connection.
- Open an audio streaming app such as Spotify on your iPhone and play a song.
- On the top right corner of the screen, swipe downwards to access the Control Center.
- Tap the “Audio Card”, select the AirPlay icon on the top right side, and choose your Sonos device to connect.
If you own iPhone 8+ or earlier models, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch the Control Center.
Method #2: Using the Sonos App
You can also connect Sonos to your iPhone using the Sonos app in the following way.
- Open your iPhone’s App Store and search for the Sonos app compatible with your device.
- Plug in your Sonos speaker or soundbar and connect them to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
- Launch the Sonos app and set it up by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the app has been set up, tap the “Home” icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Open “Room List”.
- Add your iPhone and enjoy listening to your favorite music through the Sonos speakers!
Method #3: Using Bluetooth
If you want to connect a Sonos Move or Sonos Roam speaker to your iPhone, use Bluetooth with these steps.
To turn on Bluetooth on Sonos Roam, press and hold the power button for 2 seconds and release it when the device chimes and the light flashes blue.
- Connect your Sonos device to the Sonos app installed on your iPhone.
- Press and hold the “Bluetooth” button on the rear of Sonos Move till the device chimes and the light blinks blue.
- Turn on “Bluetooth” from your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Select the Sonos Move or Sones Roam device from the list to initiate the pairing process.
- Once the LED indicator on Sonos Move or Roam turns solid blue, the connection between the two devices is established.
Troubleshooting the Sonos App on an iPhone
If your Sonos app is not working on the iPhone, use the following methods to troubleshoot it.
Method #1: Checking the Connections
To troubleshoot the Sonos app on iPhone, check all the connections with these steps.
- On your iPhone, check the strength of the Wi-Fi signals.
- Ensure that the Sonos devices are connected to your iPhone’s Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the Sonos devices with the main power. You will see a white light if the device is connected correctly and is ready to function.
Method #2: Reinstalling the Sonos App
If the Sonos app is constantly crashing or not working on an iPhone, try reinstalling it with the following steps.
- Hold the Sonos app icon on your Home screen until all the apps start shaking.
- Tap “Remove App”.
- Tap “Delete App”.
- Once the Sonos app is deleted, launch App Store on your iPhone and search for the Sonos app.
- Tap “Get” to reinstall the app and set it up.
In this guide, we’ve discussed connecting Sonos to an iPhone using AirPlay, the Sonos app, and Bluetooth. We have also discussed a few ways to troubleshoot the Sonos app if it is not working correctly on your device.
Hopefully, your query has been answered in this article, and now you can enjoy playing music around your house without interruptions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sonos offers users free access by downloading their applications from the App Store or the Play Store! However, Sonos charges a minimal fee of $7.99 per month to offer their services after the trial month is over.
To reset your Sonos devices, launch the Sonos app on your smartphone. Tap the gear icon to access Settings and select “App Preferences”. Swipe down and choose “Reset Controller”.