Why would anyone want to share audio with two sets of AirPods? A friend or partner may be over at your place. Both of you have settled down to see the trending movie on Netflix. You figured it is best to listen to the audio individually since you have your AirPods. You do not know what to do, so you are here. We have provided all the answers you seek in this quick and easy post so that you do not have to spend all day looking for answers instead of having fun.
Thanks to the user-centered design nature of Apple. They have made it possible to share your audio with two sets of AirPods or headphones for a more enhanced listening experience. Technically, you can now connect two sets of AirPods to your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. How do you do this? Read further.
We will show you how to connect two sets of AirPods to one Mac in this post.
How To Connect Two AirPods to One Mac
This section talks about connecting two sets of AirPods to one Mac. The feature Apple developed for users to connect two AirPods to a device is the “Share Audio” feature on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. This “Share Audio” feature can help you listen to your media via two different AirPods or Headphones.
Following the steps below, anyone can connect two sets of AirPods to a Mac.
You must know how to connect your AirPods to a Mac via Bluetooth. The process is not different from connecting your AirPods to an iPhone or iPad.
Here are the steps to get you connected:
- Pair both AirPods to your Mac via Bluetooth.
- Go to “Finder”.
- Select “Applications”.
- Go to “Utilities”.
- Open “Audio MIDI Setup”.
- Select “Add (+)” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Create Multi-Output Device”.
- Check/Tick the boxes next to both AirPods.
- Tick the “Drift Correction” box next to the second pair of AirPods.
- Go to “Apple Menu”.
- Select “System Preferences”.
- Go to “Sound”.
- Select “Multi-Output Device”.
- Enjoy sharing audio with your friend or partner.
This brings us to the end of this post on connecting two sets of AirPods to one Mac.
Nothing is as comforting as enjoying your media, like watching movies or listening to music through your noise-canceling AirPods. When you would like to share your audio with someone, instead of using a speaker, we have just shown you how to share your audio with two sets of AirPods.
Now you know it is possible to share your Mac’s audio with two pairs of AirPods simultaneously. Have fun!
Are you unclear about any step in this post? Let us know in the comment below. Do you want us to write about any tech-related topic? Tell us what it is in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are facing some issues with connecting your AirPods to your Mac, or you can not hear anything after you have connected your AirPods to your Mac. The following tips will sort it out for you.
1) In the menu bar, click “Bluetooth”.
2) Select “Turn Off Bluetooth”.
3) Wait for a while, say 10 secs.
4) Click “Turn On Bluetooth”.
You can also try the steps below if the Bluetooth approach does not work.
1) Go to the “Apple Menu”.
2) Go to “System Preferences”.
3) Select “Bluetooth”.
4) Hover over the AirPods icon.
5) Click “X” to set up the AirPods again.
The steps above will help you reconnect your AirPods.
1) Put the AirPods in their case.
2) Recharge them before using them again.
Following these steps should connect your AirPods to your Mac again.
Yes, you can connect two Airpods to one iPhone or iPad by doing these:
1) Go to the Home screen on your iPhone or iPad.
2) Open your AirPod case.
3) Bring out your AirPods.
4) A setup window will appear.
5) Tap “Connect”.
6) Follow the instructions in the new window.
7) Click “Done”.
8) Go to the “Control Center” on your iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner of the Home screen.
9) Tap the “AirPlay” icon.
10) Select “Share Audio”.
11) Now, you are ready to connect to the second pair of AirPods.
12) Bring the case near the iPhone.
13) A new window will appear on the screen. Tap “Share Audio”.
No, Apple software allows you to share audio with two sets of AirPods simultaneously at the moment. I can not talk about the future. But for now, you can not share your audio with more than two sets of AirPods.