When you decide to send a video, there is always a size limit for your video. You can always convert your videos or large recorded videos to a link to make it easier to share or send that video in different formats anytime needed. This brings us to the question, how do you create a link to a video on your computer?
You can create a link to your video using social media apps like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also create a link using cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon Cloud Drive.
Once this link is clicked, it will redirect you to the video. This will help ease access to your large filed videos, and you can also share this link with others. In this article, you will get to know or discover how to create a link for your video, no matter how large it is. Let’s get to it!
Steps To Create a Link to Your Video
As you read above, creating a link for your video can be done by using social media apps or cloud storage services. The steps illustrated in methods #1 and #2 will show you how it’s easily done.
Method #1: Using Social Media [YouTube]
On any social media platform that you use, it’s easy to share or copy the link to people’s videos. Similarly, you can create a link and share it with others on social media. Here are some examples of social media platforms where you can create a link for your video: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, and Vimeo. Here, YouTube will be an example to teach you how to create a link for your video.
Here’s how to easily link a video file using YouTube.
- Scroll to YouTube, click on it or search for YouTube on your browser and click on it.
- Type in your details and log in to your account.
- Click the “Create” icon and press upload videos on your screen’s top right corner.
- Scroll your cursor to select files and click on them.
- Choose the video you want.
- Press “Open”.
- Fill in the needed details for your video (e.g., title and duration).
- Click “Upload”.
- After the video has been uploaded, copy the link made available under the video.
- Press “Publish” so the video can be posted on YouTube.
Method #2: Using Cloud Storage Services [Dropbox]
Saving a video on cloud services helps you re-download your videos anytime you log into a new or different device. And if you are concerned about privacy, cloud storage services are a better option. Turning the video into a link gives you direct access to that video anytime you click on the link. Some examples of cloud services in that you can create a link for your videos are Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon Cloud Drive. Dropbox will be used here to illustrate to you how to create a link for your video.
Here are the steps to using Dropbox to create a link for your video file.
- Scroll to the Dropbox icon, or search for Dropbox on your browser and click on it.
- Carefully type in your details to access your account.
- Click on “Upload”. This sends your video to Dropbox cloud storage.
- After uploading, press the “Copy link” option to copy and generate the link for your video.
Alternatively, you can click or press the share button on your screen and add your email. Then, copy the link on your screen or share this file directly.
You can copy directly the links of videos you watch online or paste the URL of the video to share it with others. With these methods explained above, you will see that it’s easy to convert your video into a link. You can decide to pick any method of your choice, try it, and share that video with others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open your browser and type in photos.google.com. Put in your details and log in. Then, select the video you want to convert to a link. Click the share icon at the top of your screen on the right. After that, click on “Get link”. Paste that link and share it with others.
Choose the video you want to link for. Click on the “Share to apps” option on your phone’s screen. Select the other app you want to forward the video to. Tap “Create link”, then share the link created.