eBay is an online marketplace known for its auctions and customer-to-customer sales. If you have created your eBay account in the past but haven’t used it much and now want to delete it using your iPhone, the process is pretty simple.
Here are the steps to delete an eBay account on an iPhone.
1. Open the eBay app and log in to your account.
2. Tap “Help & Contact”.
3. Type “Delete” in the search box and choose the “Closing your account” option.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the next screen and select “Close Account”.
5. Choose an option from the drop-down menu to let eBay know why you are leaving and tap “Continue”.
To simplify the task, we have put together a detailed step-by-step guide on deleting an eBay account on your iPhone. We’ll also discuss removing the eBay account using a computer if you cannot do this on your mobile device.
Deleting an eBay Account on an iPhone
If you are wondering how to delete your eBay account on an iPhone, our following step-by-step method will help you complete this task in no time.
- Launch the eBay app on your iPhone and log in to your account.
- Tap “Help & Contact”.
- Type “Delete” in the search box and tap the search icon.
- Choose the “Closing your account” option.
- You will find a list of rules and important information regarding the account closure on the screen. Scroll to the bottom and select “Close Account”.
- Choose an option from the drop-down menu to let eBay know why you are leaving and tap “Continue”.
Your eBay account will successfully be deleted on your iPhone within the next 30 days.
Deleting an eBay Account Using a PC
If somehow you cannot delete your eBay account on your iPhone, you can do this quickly using your computer.
Here are the steps you need to follow to delete your eBay account using your PC.
- Open the eBay website on any browser on your PC and sign in to your account.
- Select the arrow next to your name and click “Account Settings”.
- Click “Account Preferences”.
- Choose “Close Account”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to select “Close account and delete my data” and choose a reason for leaving eBay.
- Click the “No, please close my account” option from the drop-down menu for confirmation and click “Continue”.
- Tick the box to confirm that you have read the information above and agree to it, and select “Continue” to proceed.
Your eBay account will successfully be deleted in the next 30 days.
If you have changed your mind and want to get your eBay account back after closing it, you can do so within the next 60 days; otherwise, you will lose all recently saved data.
Removing a Credit Card From eBay
If you are thinking of deleting your eBay account on your iPhone because you have accidentally added the wrong credit card, simply remove it in the following way.
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone and open the eBay website.
- Tap the profile icon at the top and sign in to your eBay account using your credentials.
- Select the profile icon to open the “My eBay” page and click “Classic site”.
- Tap the arrow next to your name, select “Account settings” from the drop-down menu, and head to the “My Account” section.
- Tap “Personal Information”.
- Choose “Financial Information”.
- Tap the “Edit” option next to the payment method you want to remove and select “Remove” next to your credit card.
You have successfully removed your credit card from eBay.
In this guide, we have discussed how to delete an eBay account on iPhone. We have also discussed removing the eBay account by using a PC.
Furthermore, we have looked into removing your credit card from eBay before deleting your account.
Hopefully, your issue is resolved by reading this article, and now you can create a new eBay account after deleting the previous one on your iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Per the official rules of the eBay platform, sellers can make multiple selling accounts on eBay and even use them all at once. There are numerous benefits of using more than one eBay account. But once these accounts are created, you must follow the rules and policies to avoid future problems.
To turn off subscriptions or unsubscribe on eBay, open a browser on your PC and go to eBay’s official website. Head to the “My eBay” page and click “Account”. Next, select “Manage subscriptions” and turn off the subscriptions you no longer wish to receive.