The online dating platform OkCupid has made it easier to find a long-term or casual dating partner if you’re single. But if you’re tired of constantly swiping your phone’s screen, have found your perfect match, or want a break to reflect on yourself, the idea of deleting your OkCupid account must have come to mind. However, the issue is how to go about all this.
Here’s a look at the steps you need to follow when deleting your OkCupid account on your Android or iOS device.
1. Download the OkCupid app from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Open the OkCupid app and log in by entering your account credentials.
3. Click on the profile icon in your screen’s bottom right corner.
4. Press “Settings” or “Account Settings”.
5. Click on “Disable your account”.
6. Answer the few questions that appear on your screen.
7. Click on “Delete Account” and tap “Confirm” to finish this process.
As you can see, it’s possible to delete your OkCupid account using its app by following a few simple steps. But keep reading for comprehensive insights into the steps you need to follow when deleting your OkCupid account on the app.
In addition, you’ll also be taken through a few of the most frequently asked questions relating to OkCupid. With that said, let’s get started.
Steps To Delete Your OkCupid Account on iOS and Android]
The process of deleting your OkCupid account on a device running on the iOS operating system is simple, and you need to follow the steps below.
- Go to the iOS App Store or Google Play Store and download the OkCupid app on your iPhone.
- Launch the OkCupid app and log in by typing in your account credentials.
- While at the Home page, go to the bottom right corner of your iPhone’s screen and click on the profile icon.
- Tap on the “Account Settings” option or the Settings icon on Android, and a drop-down menu will open, showing a list of different options.
- Scroll down the drop-down menu to the bottom and select the “Disable your account” option.
- A prompt will appear on your iPhone’s screen, requiring you to answer a couple of “Yes” and “No” questions.
- A page will appear on the screen of your iPhone, and you should click on the drop-down box.
- Tap on “Delete Account” and click “Confirm” to finalize the process of deleting your OkCupid account immediately and for good.
Once you delete your OkCupid account, all your data, messages, and contacts will be erased permanently from the platform. As you can see, the steps to delete your OkCupid account on Android and iOS devices are almost identical, with a minor difference.
OkCupid is one of the most popular online dating platforms because of its fair pricing, insistence on social justice, and multifaceted pairing services. But if you don’t feel like using OkCupid anymore, the best thing to do is to delete your account. You can easily do this on the OkCupid app without going to this online dating platform’s website.
You’ve undoubtedly come to the right place if you had the nagging question of how to delete your OkCupid account on the app. But thanks to the helpful insights outlined in this guide, you can comfortably delete your OkCupid account using its app, which is much more convenient than going to the official site of this online dating platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, deleting and disabling your OkCupid account isn’t the same thing. Deleting your account means all your information — including personal data, contacts, and messages — is removed permanently. In contrast, disabling your OkCupid account only hides your profile and withdraws your picture and name from the website.
You should consider disabling your OkCupid account instead of deleting it when you only want a break from online dating sites or are uncertain whether to erase your account permanently. Here are the steps you should follow when disabling your OkCupid account.
1. Sign in to your OkCupid account by entering the correct account credentials.
2. Go to the top section of the page and tap on “Settings”.
3. Navigate to the bottom section of the page and tap on the icon “Disable Account”.
4. Type your password and verify your option by tapping the “Disable Account” icon.
By disabling your account, you can later reactivate your OkCupid account if you wish. You don’t enjoy this privilege after deleting your OkCupid account, as all your details are erased. Therefore, you need to open a new OkCupid account and can do this even using the email address you used earlier before deleting your account.