Does your Roku screen seem too crowded? Do you want to make space for more applications? Whatever your reason, the solution has quite a straightforward list of steps.
There are multiple methods to remove apps, depending on your medium. The most common is the Roku TV through the Channel Store. First, go to the home screen on your TV through the Roku remote, and open the Channel Store. Find the channel you wish to delete and click on it to remove it from the list. Confirm to end the process.
Other methods include removing apps from the channel lineup, using the mobile application to remove apps, and connecting the Roku mobile app and Roku device through the same Wi-Fi network. You can use any of the methods that you find easy.
Keep reading to find a detailed guide on different methods to remove apps on Roku. Furthermore, you will also learn how to install private channels that are not on the channel list. Interested? Let’s start right away!
Does the app you wish to remove have a subscription? You don’t know? First, go to Roku’s original website, sign in to the account, and go to “Manage Subscriptions“. If your application has a subscription, cancel it first to remove it from the list.
Method #1: Removing Apps From the Roku Channel Lineup
- Head to the home screen.
- Locate the channel you wish to remove.
- Press the star (*) button on the Roku remote to reveal the channel details.
- Tap on “Remove Channel“.
- Press “OK“.
- Make the confirmation for complete removal.
Canceling a subscription to a channel will not abruptly end your access to that channel, and you can access it until the current billing cycle ends.
Method #2: Removing Apps From the Roku Channel Store
- Go to Roku’s home page.
- At the left of the screen, you will see “Streaming Channels“. Click on it.
- Search the app you wish to remove.
- Once its information pops up, you will see the “Remove Channel” button. Select it.
- Confirm the process.
If you remove an app like Netflix, it will not cancel the subscription; you will have to cancel an app subscription separately.
Method #3: Removing Apps From the Roku Mobile App
Through this method, the application will remove both your application and the account on your Roku device. It can come in handy as an urgent solution if you are far from home but close to the application.
- Open the Roku phone app.
- At the bottom, you will see “Channels“. Click on it.
- Tap on “My Channels” at the top.
- Scroll down the list and select an app you want to remove.
- A channel menu will open up. Once there, press “Remove“.
- Press “OK” to remove the app.
Method #4: Removing Apps From the Roku Mobile App Through Roku Remote
You need the app and Roku device nearby for this solution to work.
- Open the Roku mobile app.
- Connect the Roku mobile app to the Roku device on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Head to the “Devices” tab.
- Under this tab, you will see “Channels“. Click on it.
- Skim through the list to find the app you want to remove.
- Tap and hold on to the selected app.
- Select “Remove“.
It is simple to remove the channels on your Roku device. Whether you use the Roku mobile app or just the device, there are numerous ways to get rid of an application you don’t like. So, you will have an easy fix if you are bored with watching an application or anxious due to the crowded Roku home screen. Hopefully, this blog can tell you the simplest solution to your query.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Go to the official website and log in to your account.
2. Head to the “Account” window and click on “Add Channel With a Code“.
3. A pop-up will open, prompting you to type in a code. Proceed.
4. Tap on “Add Channel“.
5. Go through the warning and confirm the process.
Yes, you can personalize it according to your taste. You can add and move channels to the list, change the theme of the Roku home screen, use a customized screensaver, and even add parental controls.
1. Go to the Roku home screen.
2. Head to Settings.
3. Go to the “Systems” menu.
4. Turn the power on.
5. Select the default input and confirm.
There are over 4,000 channels on Roku, including Netflix and Disney Plus, and you can find almost any streaming channel on the device.